Harry Wilson

Derbados

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyway, it's clear you are completely unwilling to ever even consider discussing any negatives at all in any of our players in any game ever so provably better that we just leave it there.

As you say, it is a shame that some posters appear just to want to argue for the sake of arguing, rather than for any other reason.

Wilson is a promising player, with undoubted quality, but as you say he's got areas of his game to work on before he can play for the likes of Liverpool regularly!

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

If you try and describe Harry as a footballer but exclude the goals, isn't that like talking about Bogle but excluding all the defensive mistakes?

To be clear, I don't know if other people are, but I'm not intending to ignore his goals in my own comments. I'm just engaging the conversation on his overall play beyond the goals, especially in regards to the context of him playing at a higher level.

Football's a game of goals and any flaws in his play will be meaningless until he hits a period of time, or a level, where the goals stop coming at this same pace.

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think we all agree that Wilson returning to Liverpool would be a massive loss but, nobody is irreplaceable.

with regard to Holmes, you don't have to be a prolific goal scorer to be a key/influential player (I don't think the messiah Will Hughes scored that many for us). I'm assuming assists are calculated as the final pass to the person who ultimately scored the goal. It's not always the final pass that is the most important in a passage of play so, this stat can also be misleading.

I am greatly impressed  with Holmes even if he personally doesn't score loads or technically provide an asissy.

Totally agree. Derbys 3rd vs Norwich (Joozefzoons scuff) was assisted by Nugent, but in my eyes it was actually Holmes who was the catalyst in sparking the move which resulted in the equaliser.

2 hours ago, KCG said:

As you say, it is a shame that some posters appear just to want to argue for the sake of arguing, rather than for any other reason.

Well **** me sideways with a grand piano! Like the 'as you say' thing though. Sly nod to Captain Keogh, eh! 

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Nice new avatar, much cuddlier than the old one!

I assume your posting will reflect your new image?

Fat, monosyllabic, cookie munching gobshite? Can't see why I'd need to change! It's actually a reference to @Millenniumram's post but it's slipped under the radar. I'll doubtless revert to something moody and acerbic tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Fat, monosyllabic, cookie munching gobshite? Can't see why I'd need to change! It's actually a reference to @Millenniumram's post but it's slipped under the radar. I'll doubtless revert to something moody and acerbic tomorrow.

Was incredibly confused until I checked the other thread, couldn’t remember mentioning cookies anywhere... ?

5 hours ago, rammieib said:

If you try and describe Harry as a footballer but exclude the goals, isn't that like talking about Bogle but excluding all the defensive mistakes?

I think that depends on how you view their roles in the team.

If Wilson is in the team purely for his attacking capabilities then of course it would be silly to remove the importance of his goals and focus on his defensive frailties. 

23 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think that depends on how you view their roles in the team.

If Wilson is in the team purely for his attacking capabilities then of course it would be silly to remove the importance of his goals and focus on his defensive frailties. 

Good job he is then!

Archived