Harry Wilson

Derbados

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Feel like the focus on Mount has shifted, all to good effect. Noticed against Swansea how often he was pulling all the strings while Wilson did the goalscoring. The Wilson/Mount combination seems a really useful pair this year 

I must have chosen the wrong games to watch Mount because I can only remember him playing well against Man Utd. Has he dominated and dictated play consistently?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

That's not how a recall clause works... ?

Good job you told me I was just on the phone to Frank telling him where to spend it?.

Won’t  be long  until something like this happens , if a player wants to go back, his team want him back, but his loan club won’t release him I believe in some instances all parties have to agree .Chris Martin and Fulham for example. 

Klopp was again asked about Wilson at his press conference ahead of Man Utd. He again said that they don't intend to recall Wilson but would be forced to in the event of an injury crisis in the wing area. Leaves us ever so slightly vulnerable I guess but that's what is forced upon you when you enter the loan market. Klopp was also very complimentary about us - especially with regards to the Man Utd game.

“I like watching them. How they played against United [in the Carabao Cup] was a role model game and it was not because United were weak – it was because Derby were outstanding. So, all good.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/330211-jurgen-klopp-liverpool-transfers-harry-wilson

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Hopefully if we say no he will stay, isn’t it with the agreement of all parties like Fulham and Martin?

But, would we say no and risk future loans?

Fulham and Martin was with a view to a permanent transfer with no recall.

Wilson is Liverpool’s player just on loan with an option to recall in January.

Not the same in the slightest, we could say no but they would simply reply we’ll see him first thing in the morning then and put the phone down.

13 minutes ago, David said:

Fulham and Martin was with a view to a permanent transfer with no recall.

Wilson is Liverpool’s player just on loan with an option to recall in January.

Not the same in the slightest, we could say no but they would simply reply we’ll see him first thing in the morning then and put the phone down.

Maybe we have caller id so can just ignore every call with a Liverpool dialling code?

wtf? 

Why were people discussing him getting recalled in the first place?

Who pulled that out their arse to panic over? A newspaper?

Cheers for that Twitter guy for telling us something that was not happening is indeed not happening. Phew!

Nutters

On 07/12/2018 at 14:44, KCG said:

I must have chosen the wrong games to watch Mount because I can only remember him playing well against Man Utd. Has he dominated and dictated play consistently?

Dominate & dictate? You’ve got the wrong player. That’s Huddlestones job. Mount is a good technical player who can create & score goals if you get the ball to him in the right areas. He’s never going to dominate anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool fan here. Hope you don't mind me posting here.

Liverpool fans see all the goals that Wilson scores but how has he done outside of that? Do a lot of your attacking moves go through him? Does he press well? I've heard criticism that he can be anonymous for long periods in games?

1 hour ago, LFC Fan said:

Liverpool fans see all the goals that Wilson scores but how has he done outside of that? Do a lot of your attacking moves go through him? Does he press well? I've heard criticism that he can be anonymous for long periods in games?

Has played his best games in the centre alongside Mount earlier in the season.

Agree that he is pretty much anonymous when played out wide.

Wilson’s goals have masked his general all round performances. He’s a good player with a bright future, don’t get me wrong, but as with many young players he needs to focus on staying in the game and making himself an option. He seems to run behind opposition players and perhaps wants that killer ball rather than creating angles and options for the build up play. Mount offers more in that respect, but with his free kicks he’s potentially a match winner at all times. If Martin was playing upfront he would probably be on twice the amount as he knew how to win a free kick in and around the box. I agree playing outwide doesn’t seem to suit him. 

1 hour ago, LFC Fan said:

He has a lovely left foot and glides across the pitch. He is part of most of our intricate moves.

His negatives are a lack of physicality (he is eased off the ball in this league) and that he often overlooks the defensive part of his role.

He and Mount play with freedom and youthful exuberance which can be a delight when it goes right but puts us under pressure when it doesn't. 

He has given us some golden moments though!

He won't be recalled. There are so many players ahead of him in the pecking order it would take a glut of injuries for him to even get game time from the bench.

His end product has always stood out. There has always been questions about how robust he is. He picked up quite a few injuries while in our academy and I think he even missed a whole season. I'm really glad he ended up at Derby and backed him to hit 20 league goals if he could start 40 league games but maybe that's a little ambitious. He's always been good at drifting into the box and finishing off moves but he doesn't seem to be picking up many of those goals for Derby. I thought he'd get 5-10 tap-ins.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived