Harry Wilson

Derbados

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Brilliant video though it misses his tremendous volley, very well saved, that would have meant the hattrick on Saturday.

Hope Harry keeps the magic up.

On top of the ones he scored, there’s a fair few in here that would have been a bit spectacular but for very good saves. 

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Would be very shortsighted of them to recall him in my opinion. He either goes back to their U23’s or to a lower end Premier League club, likely to be playing results only football who might not trust an enigmatic winger straight away.

He's played as many games in central midfield as he has on the wing for us - but get your point. To be honest, he's only really stood out performance wise in the last few weeks - before that, it was just some flashy goals without much of a performance with it.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

He's played as many games in central midfield as he has on the wing for us - but get your point. To be honest, he's only really stood out performance wise in the last few weeks - before that, it was just some flashy goals without much of a performance with it.

They’re likely to trust an enigmatic central midfielder even less!

For my own curiosity I’ve just had a look at the table and I can’t see good reason he’d be better off at any bottom half PL club bar maybe West Ham.

It’s easy to panic and think this is Ibe all over again, but it’s a bit different now, this is Klopp and Lampard. 

Recent interviews with Harry suggest he’s very happy here and the reason to go out on loan was to play regular football, which he’s getting. 

Let’s be honest, have Harry’s performances put him in with a shout of breaking up the Mane, Salah and Firmino front line? No. 

His goals have been spectacular but he still has a lot to learn, recalling him would be a disaster for his development, would likely find himself behind Shaqiri for a place on the bench.

I can understand Liverpool fans screaming recall him in the gif and clip world that is social media, but hopefully Klopp doesn’t get carried away by it all and agrees that regular games is what Harry needs now, not U23 football just to stay fit if called upon.

As Lampard said it’s open dialogue between clubs and players, and the way Harry is talking he’s here for the season.

He comes across as so mature for his age. A great deal of belief in his own ability but in a totally non-arrogant way. I see a lot of similarities between him and Frank Lampard - a steely determination to succeed, an acceptance of the need to keep working hard to improve, comes across very well in interviews, and a stunning eye for goal with a shot to match. We are fortunate to have him.

30 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

It’s the same scenario with max Lowe. Both us and Liverpool would only be bringing them back as back up so maybe it’s best to leave them getting game time. We shall see. 

Max Lowe only joined on loan till January where as Harry Wilson came on a season long loan with a recall option.

Frank Lampard is justifiably respected throughout football.

He wants to keep Harry for the rest of the season, who wouldn’t?

However, once he gains the reputation of a man who nurtures talent into genius he will find it easier to sign players either permanently or on loan.

Should Harry return to Liverpool in January it will confirm Frank as a fair and honest manager who can be trusted with loanees of any calibre. Trust once lost is very hard to regain.

Whatever happens I can’t see Frank’s Rams being the losers.

Thanks Harry for helping us go onwards and upwards.

PS. If you stick with us you could well end the season with a Championship Winners medal! Just saying!

Archived