Harry Wilson

Derbados

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Greatest ever has to be Antônio Augusto Ribeiro Reis Júnior aka Juninho Pernambucano, I don't think anyone can doubt that.

I'd have to agree with that. However, I think it's tough on players before the 80's.

Now players play with skin tight boots worn 2 sizes too small to give way better feel for the ball. And they have a ball that can be manipulated 100x easier than from the 70's and back.

I think if Pele had what they have now he'd be well in contention. Maybe even Charlton too.

11 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Phenomenonal player. My prediction is that at the end of the season he'll go down as the best loan we've ever had. And probably POTS too. 

Leon osman.

14 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bris would have disagreed. ?

Although the Sky studio pundits were discussing if it was the best freekick they'd ever seen, and better than Ronaldo's best.

You're probably right but I would like to see today's first from all angles. Just like against Man Utd, the keeper stayed rooted to the spot - clearly unable to work out where the ball was travelling until it was past him.

Exactly. The trajectory of the ball changed to the point that at the split second moment when the keeper has to decide where to dive to save, the Keeper was unable to compute the path that the ball was finally travelling on and so remained rooted to the spot. Beaten for pace and trajectory. 

2 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

The way the ball swerved at the last second for his first, I could have sworn it hit the side netting.

It was crazy. From the replays it looks like a guided missile. If you slow it down, you can see Harry pull out a little remote control as it leaves his foot. 

2 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

It was crazy. From the replays it looks like a guided missile. If you slow it down, you can see Harry pull out a little remote control as it leaves his foot. 

We can wax lyrical about the extraordinary flight of the ball, but for me what I noticed after about 15 watches, was the fact that he doesn't actually even attempt to control the pass from Keogh, he just let's it run into his path, shapes his body around the direction that the ball is traveling  and pulls the trigger at the exact right moment.

Takes unbelievable skill to do that.

So well done Richard Keogh ?

34 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

We can wax lyrical about the extraordinary flight of the ball, but for me what I noticed after about 15 watches, was the fact that he doesn't actually even attempt to control the pass from Keogh, he just let's it run into his path, shapes his body around the direction that the ball is traveling  and pulls the trigger at the exact right moment.

Takes unbelievable skill to do that.

So well done Richard Keogh ?

Assist of the season, no doubt...

Upon first viewing it didn't look THAT impressive, it's only when I saw it from the angle behind the goal that I vowed I'd gladly give him my wife, child, and all my worldly possessions if he wanted them. 

I'd keep the dog though...

33 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

I've seen a lot of Liverpool fans clamouring for him to be recalled in January, and he mentioned that Klopp has been phoning him up regularly to tell him he's been watching him with interest... someone please reassure me that they can't take our Harry back.

When asked about the possibility, Lampard said: "He's our player for the year, so, yeah, he's our player for the year.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/harry-wilson-not-recalled-liverpool-2124136.amp

Archived