Sign in to follow this  
Derbados

Harry Wilson

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In which case Lampard needs to have a think about whether we are offering Bogle enough protection.

Well that depends if you think the protection would actually stop the mistakes or not which continue to happen regardless of who plays in front of him. For me, he will still make the errors at the moment. Protection wouldn't have stopped him running to the ball on Saturday instead of staying goal side against their quickest player...

Edited by rammieib

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I think we all agree that Wilson returning to Liverpool would be a massive loss but, nobody is irreplaceable.

with regard to Holmes, you don't have to be a prolific goal scorer to be a key/influential player (I don't think the messiah Will Hughes scored that many for us). I'm assuming assists are calculated as the final pass to the person who ultimately scored the goal. It's not always the final pass that is the most important in a passage of play so, this stat can also be misleading.

I am greatly impressed  with Holmes even if he personally doesn't score loads or technically provide an asissy.

Holmes has started off brightly, however my point of was that he hasn’t reached the levels of Wilson. Not saying he can’t or won’t and assists are key however scoring 11 goals (is it that) shows why he is highly rated and I personally don’t think we have anyone who can come in and match those figures, either directly or in directly.