Harry Wilson

Derbados

Listened to his post match interviews yesterday, incredibly impressed how mature and eloquent somebody of his age comes across. 

Honest, confident, bags of personality which also reflects his playing style 

kids going to go right to the top, in mount and Wilson we’ve got two of the brightest prospects in the country playing for Derby County, we should enjoy them whilst we’ve got them. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lad can strike a ball! The way he connected for the equaliser yesterday was just delicious. Very happy to have him and his beautiful beautiful goals at Derby.

Although I did read somewhere that he's all about the knuckleball so it's probably just luck that these goals keep happening.

3 hours ago, Derbados said:

Listened to his post match interviews yesterday, incredibly impressed how mature and eloquent somebody of his age comes across. 

Honest, confident, bags of personality which also reflects his playing style 

kids going to go right to the top, in mount and Wilson we’ve got two of the brightest prospects in the country playing for Derby County, we should enjoy them whilst we’ve got them. 

Agreed 100% add Marriott to that list (who’s ours on a permanent) all 3 got bags of potential, just hope they going to the top whilst in a DCFC shirt!!!

No way on god's earth is Wilson is ready to displace, or even deputise for, Liverpool's forwards at this moment in time.

Probably best they leave him where he is for the next season after this one, in all honesty.

Our loss will be their gain.

15 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I think Wilson doing what we all hoped Lawrence would after seeing his Ipswich highlights. This boy has talent in spades. I doubt we'll get him back next year. Enjoy him while you can!

Played as a wide man I'm not sure Wilson has been much better than Lawrence.

Both have scored goals but been anonymous for large parts.

Think Wilsons better games were when he was in the middle.

Think Wilsons work rate is much better though.

2 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Wilson is better down the middle for me. Those games against WBA and Boro were spectacular!

He is better down the middle in terms of shooting at goal and his work rate is good but he isn’t a central midfielder yet and while we have Bryson and Mount they should be the main men in there when fit, worth remembering that Bryson scored two very important goals in his three games before his injury against Norwich and Sheffield United 

Yeah Wilson can do a job in midfield but it isn’t his position. Yes he has energy and from an attacking sense he works well there, but while he’s willing the defensive side isn’t his natural game. Liam Rosenior was bang on in the Sheff Utd game when Bryson went off injured and Wilson moved to cover him, their goal wouldn’t have happened had Bryson been on the pitch, he’d have tackled Fleck or taken him out before he ran into the box. 

Wilson is wide player for me. He’s been inconsistent in some games but no doubt he is a special talent and we need to enjoy him. That goal (albeit from the opposite side) was like those scored by Nacho and Pavard in the World Cup for Spain and France respectively.

Great goal last night but disappointing general play.

Hope he cuts the diving out of his game, was embarrassing last night.

We are the first to condemn opponents for it and also slate referees for their performance, so only think it is right when one of our players is trying to con the ref that they should be criticised too.

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Can you name a better free kick taker in 

a) The championship

b) Derby's history

c) English league football

d) English league football ever

e) The world

f) The world ever

At the moment in a) he’s looking evens with Idiakez but could go top given his age 

b) Carbonari could hit one 

c) Dunno

d) Becks ? For skill, but i’d Hate to be a goaly facing Lorimer, and a young Gareth Bale scored one against us that was a bit special a few years back against Soton. 

e) and f) dunno .. i’m Not that clever 

Archived