v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

18 hours ago, Saity said:

After the night before when emotions have calmed a bit I've been having a good think about last nights game and us in general.....We have changed a lot since Frank has been here and practically in less than half a season so am trying to get things into perspective after reading a lot of negative comments on here.

Against Stoke we had 73% possesion , twice as many shots and twice as many completed passes yet lost ....this happens sometimes in football and sometimes there are fine lines which decide a game and last night was no exception.

I would say that most teams that have that amount of possession win more games than they lose and last night we could've had at least 2 more goals as Lawrence in the first half and Jack Marriott in the 2nd could've scored if not for a great save and the woodwork.

I don't remember Carson making many saves or them wasting really good chances and for a team in transition like us to go to a place like Stoke who've spent a lot of money and have some really good players that is not a bad achievement.

This season some of our expectations have risen due to some really good performances against Man U,Chelsea and West Brom to name a few but the truth is we are still a team in transition with a rookie manager and coaching team and if Frank gets us in and around the play off places around christmas and then adds a few astute signings or loans there is nothing to say we won't be there or there abouts come the end of the season playing a style of football which is much more pleasing to watch than the whole of last season so its not all doom and gloom.

We have a few problems for Frank and Jody to iron out ( namely keeping clean sheets occasionally ) but to me we are going in the right direction and Frank is an intelligent person and I trust him to get it right and he will .

At the start of the season some fans were saying that this would be a mid table transition type season and to be honest so far Frank has exceded those expectations which raises peoples hopes but realistically we will have good days and bad as will every team in the championship as that is the nature of this very open league.

If we can tighten up at the back then i beleive more consistency will come and history proves going on runs of games unbeaten in this league gets you promotion or the play offs.

This is an exciting time to be a Rams fan and we have to take the rough with the smooth so keep the faith and chill a bit , Rome was not built in a day.......COYR 

Cracking post @Saity 

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived