86 points

v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

What a crushing disappointment. Two soft goals conceded, poor goalkeeping on both. Defence shaky, passing really slow and ponderous. The back five needs to get a lot more mean, too many soft goals going in and no clean sheet for months. That was a terrible advert for the Championship as well, bad-tempered rubbish game. Don't think we've heard the last of Bradley Johnson's gnashers either. Seriously fed up tonight, we're not progressing.

Once we equalised i thought we would win at a canter how wrong was i

Last three performances have been woeful,were going nowhere until we can learn to defend and Frank needs to understand you aint going to score 2 and 3 goals a game

Dear Santa,

Please can I have a decent right back for Christmas.

No offence to JB but he is not stopping any crosses coming in. I would like to see The stats on how many goals we have conceded through the right back channel.

Jan window will be massive for us.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Credit to Stoke. We weren’t anything like sharp enough, they defended well.

Bogle had a good game as did Keogh and Hudds made us look a bit tidier but all over we weren’t really good enough on the night.

What game were you watching? We were battered down their left hand side. Both Keogh and Bogle had terrible laspses in concentration! 

Just not got any consistency we should have won this but just not doing enough some of the old guard need moving on didn't think we needed to strengthen in January but now I'm starting to think we must to stand any chance of challenging for play offs. 

Way too many players off it today, thought Mount & Lawrence showed glimpses of quality but thats it. Bryson & Bogle absolute liabilities tonight, offered nothing. Carson been poor on both goals tonight & the goal vs Sheff Weds, not sure if he was in the right mindset after the incident this morning.

Calm down everyone. If it wasn't for Jack Butland we'd have won that. Two incredible saves one from Lawrence in the first half, and one from Tomori in the second. 

On our side, Carson was off it tonight. As you would probably be too if you woke up this morning to find your car had been nicked of your drive. 

On to the next one. 

I am never confident when our side has to break down a side that defends. We also can't keep a clean sheet, so a defeat like tonight is always on the cards. 

New low for the season lose to that shower and the other shower are now above us.

The only way thus gets worse is when they both finish above us and we lose all 4 games against both of them.

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Way too many players off it today, thought Mount & Lawrence showed glimpses of quality but thats it. Bryson & Bogle absolute liabilities tonight, offered nothing. Carson been poor on both goals tonight & the goal vs Sheff Weds, not sure if he was in the right mindset after the incident this morning.

What incident?

I think Marriott has been brilliant this season, however he was absolutely woeful tonight. Never got involved in the game, and the rare times he did see the ball, his touch took the ball miles away. I hope he's better for the next game.

Don’t sit on the sidelines, let your voice be heard!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.