v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

Let’s get some perspective. “Awful” is Mo Camara, Jay McEveley, Edworthy in the Premier League.

Bogle hasn’t been up to our high standard in recent games defensively but he’s still been offering something going forward. He’s better than Wisdom.

Do agree he must improve dramatically in defence though. And there is no experienced full back to learn from. 

What has he offered going forward out of interest?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too down about the result tonight, bound to happen, it didn’t go in for us. 

And they’ve still got Rowett, so even though we’ve lost we can still laugh at them. 

Hahahahahaha

youve got to watch that poo for the rest of the season.  

6 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Fed up of you talking sense.

One thing really apparent for me second half with Bogle was a complete reluctance to run down the wing with the ball,played in front of him. Everything was too feet and then cut back inside. He made one cross I can remember which went over everyone.

Whilst he is in the team, we will struggle. Now even worse, with the Davies injury, Tomori will be left at centre back. Wisdom is even worse so we are well and truly stuffed until Jan.

Agree about Bogle.  Noticed the change in him about 6 to 8 games back.  Forget which home game it was but instead of taking a man on and getting down the wing or to the bye line, which he had been doing in prior games, every time he would stop and play a nothing ball in to Keogh.

The way he changed he surely must have been told to do that more . Certainly looked to me as though he was playing to orders.

I think we will begin to see just how much of a blow Forsyth’s injury is.

He is the best left back at the club and far more well rounded than Malone, so we will always look a lot more balanced and solid with him than without.

Bogle is 18 and still developing his game, so I think it’s rash to be critical. That’s what you get when you play very young players - inconsistency and the need for fine tuning. That said, I don’t think it’s a problem position.

The trouble is when you have him and Tomori in the same side, we do look young and naive. We miss some presence and some leadership. The kind which Keogh has shown that he can’t really give all on his own.

As well as Tomori has done, I think if we had Davies and Keogh fit and firing and they were playing week in, week out, we’d look a lot more solid at the back because Davies takes the burden off of Keogh.

Davies is obviously short of match fitness and hasn’t played regularly all season so we just have to be patient in that sense.

1 hour ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I think people just like Fozzy more becuase he is one of the old favourites who have been at the club for years, but for me Forsyth would have done no better defensively and worse offensively.

Yes, Fozzy has been rubbish going forward this season; only got the four assists!

I do think Malone did ok tonight, played with urgency when he got the ball. Unfortunately for him, Stoke were very good defensively and were mopping up his crosses.

Just home 

Carson 4 should save both 

bogle 4 Wisdom should of stayed in

Keogh 7 

tomori & Davies 6

Malone 6

Johnson 5

Huddlestone 5

Bryson 5

Mount 6

Wilson 6

Marriott 5

Lawrence 7 

lawrence I’ve given higher because I thought he gave more than most others and he never gave up, I’m sure others will disagree but for me he’s been one of our only decent players 

Struggling to read all the rubbish posted on this thread.

the overall performance was better than v sheff wed which we won. Some stats were good.

yes there were very few clear chances but marriott hit the post and our ex keeper pulled off a few good saves. Stoke sat back rowett style and were charmless and thuggish. That ginger tit really gets on my nerves; allen mugged johnson; and shawcross was all over marriott.

Its irritating that snakey won and ince scored, but it was predictable, and i still wouldn't want either of them back.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I don’t get the Malone hate, yes he may get the blame for not stopping Ince getting to the ball first, but I think he did well going forward and got some good crosses in.

.....but i wish he wouldn't wear leg warmers.

Bottom line this was a crap performance and result across the whole team . To lose to 10 men is always unforgivable. Carson’s form is worrying to me- too many instances this season when you feel he could and should have done better. Bogle’s inability to stop a cross is constantly causing us problems and goals.

All around we were poor. Plus losing to the snake just makes it so much worse.

Still, let’s forget and move on, but feel we need to be getting a better grip on these games. We seem to have lost that cohesive team in recent games....

7 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Reactions in here are standard Derby/football fan reactions caused by people having an unrealistic expectation of the level their beloved team is capable of operating at on a consistent basis.

- We have a rookie manager.

- A squad which is roughly above average for the Championship.

- Players returning to full fitness.

We'll finish anywhere between 5th and 10th this season and as long as we have a few more performances like West Brom away, I'll take the odd performance like tonight. Hopefully we have more West Broms and less Stoke's as the season goes on, and will be interesting to see what happens in January - I hope it's a few signings that will strengthen us for the next 2 or 3 years, and a few of the dregs are moved on.

Lampard is still learning and as long as he now know's you'll never out-shithouse Rowett, he won't try to again.

I don’t think it’s unrealistic for fans to expect to get at the very least a point against a bang average team that was down to 10 men for 2/3 of the match last night. 

We all understand the fact that Frank is a rookie manager etc but there is no excuse for such an dismal performance. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

Yes, Fozzy has been rubbish going forward this season; only got the four assists!

I do think Malone did ok tonight, played with urgency when he got the ball. Unfortunately for him, Stoke were very good defensively and were mopping up his crosses.

I thought he was one of our biggest threats got some good low crosses in which Stoke were lucky to clear.

Poor defending. If we want to be challenging for top 2 we need to stop conceding so many goals. Carson seems to be past it now. We need a new goalkeeper next summer. We need a starting cb next summer. We didn’t create many chances either the most dangerous people were bogle Malone and Lawrence. Rest seemed to just be half asleep. Marriott was very isolated up top which is very worrying when you play a front 3 and 2 attacking midfielders. 

Don't understand the criticism of Malone tbh. Of greater concern to me are Carson's dip in form and that two of our better players belong to other clubs.

I'm not sure what the collective wage bill is for the CM area but Thorne, Butterfield, Johnson and Bryson offer next to nothing in return for what I assume is a sizeable chunk of our budget. Another big window in January where hopefully other clubs can be seduced into taking some of them off our hands.

After the night before when emotions have calmed a bit I've been having a good think about last nights game and us in general.....We have changed a lot since Frank has been here and practically in less than half a season so am trying to get things into perspective after reading a lot of negative comments on here.

Against Stoke we had 73% possesion , twice as many shots and twice as many completed passes yet lost ....this happens sometimes in football and sometimes there are fine lines which decide a game and last night was no exception.

I would say that most teams that have that amount of possession win more games than they lose and last night we could've had at least 2 more goals as Lawrence in the first half and Jack Marriott in the 2nd could've scored if not for a great save and the woodwork.

I don't remember Carson making many saves or them wasting really good chances and for a team in transition like us to go to a place like Stoke who've spent a lot of money and have some really good players that is not a bad achievement.

This season some of our expectations have risen due to some really good performances against Man U,Chelsea and West Brom to name a few but the truth is we are still a team in transition with a rookie manager and coaching team and if Frank gets us in and around the play off places around christmas and then adds a few astute signings or loans there is nothing to say we won't be there or there abouts come the end of the season playing a style of football which is much more pleasing to watch than the whole of last season so its not all doom and gloom.

We have a few problems for Frank and Jody to iron out ( namely keeping clean sheets occasionally ) but to me we are going in the right direction and Frank is an intelligent person and I trust him to get it right and he will .

At the start of the season some fans were saying that this would be a mid table transition type season and to be honest so far Frank has exceded those expectations which raises peoples hopes but realistically we will have good days and bad as will every team in the championship as that is the nature of this very open league.

If we can tighten up at the back then i beleive more consistency will come and history proves going on runs of games unbeaten in this league gets you promotion or the play offs.

This is an exciting time to be a Rams fan and we have to take the rough with the smooth so keep the faith and chill a bit , Rome was not built in a day.......COYR 

Disgraceful challenge on Keogh,imagine if that was George Thorne?(it wasn’t his follow through it was just nasty).

Is Joe Allen a part time steward at Rotherham?

I can lend Bradders  one of dogs raggers,that’s bang out of order but made us smile?

Jody Morris would smash Rowett all round the technical area.

Not sure about FL with the lanky Orc man.

Nice to see some passion.

Love Incey.

That is all.

Archived