v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

Way too many players off it today, thought Mount & Lawrence showed glimpses of quality but thats it. Bryson & Bogle absolute liabilities tonight, offered nothing. Carson been poor on both goals tonight & the goal vs Sheff Weds, not sure if he was in the right mindset after the incident this morning.

What incident?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hintonsboots said:

Dear Santa,

Please can I have a decent right back for Christmas.

No offence to JB but he is not stopping any crosses coming in. I would like to see The stats on how many goals we have conceded through the right back channel.

Jan window will be massive for us.

We need a LB, RB, CB and a midfield general. Sad to have predicted the result and score line.

Think we need to calm down a bit.

Not a surprise that a young side with a young manager looks inexperienced and naive at times.

We praise Lampard for his faith in youth, but it can’t be rosy all the time. There will be nights like this when Bogle will have a stinker.

It also became clear that Bryson wasn’t fit as the game went on. I get why we rested Huddlestone but that also backfired - further lesson learned.

Let’s not lose our heads. We sorted ourselves out after that dodgy start. We can do it again.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I think Marriott has been brilliant this season, however he was absolutely woeful tonight. Never got involved in the game, and the rare times he did see the ball, his touch took the ball miles away. I hope he's better for the next game.

I don’t think he had anything to work with did he?

Where has the urgency and tempo gone? We were never going to beat shawcross/Williams with them crosses

knew we’d score with the free kick and although we hit the post the rest were pot shots, still think changing half the team didn’t help though, very frustrated to see that smug grin from rowett and ince continues his run of scoring against us

4 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Once we equalised i thought we would win at a canter how wrong was i

Last three performances have been woeful,were going nowhere until we can learn to defend and Frank needs to understand you aint going to score 2 and 3 goals a game

I didn't, we were only going to  win at a canter if stoke decided to commit players. That was never going to happen under rowett, plus having 10 men.

Just now, Boycie said:

I don’t think he had anything to work with did he?

He had the ball in promising areas a few times, and he gave it away with poor play. I thought his all round play was below his usual standard, and I was disappointed. I'm sure he'll pick it up for the next game though.

Fair play to Stoke. They defended well and broke quickly, very similar to us last season. We switched off at times defensively and didn't do enough when attacking to deserve to get much from the game. I thought we looked good when we used the flanks but we didn't play it wide often enough IMO. A good free kick from Wilson but he gave the ball away a lot particularly in the last 15 minutes. TBF he wasn't alone though - we gave possession away far too much. I think Carson will be unhappy to have not saved at least one of their goals.

I'm still happy with the way we are trying to play and thank xxxx that we have Frank rather than Rowett in charge. Here's hoping we can get back on track on Saturday. COYR.

3 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

What game were you watching? We were battered down their left hand side. Both Keogh and Bogle had terrible laspses in concentration! 

Pick a couple of errors why don’t you .. and then ignore the positives. Both their goals came from down the middle, Bogle worked well with Lawrence in the first 20 and did pretty well defensively if you take the nature of the game and the type of player he was up against. I am not saying they were great but I am saying they had good performances considering the result and were better than our average performance on the pitch 

1 minute ago, Rammed79 said:

Just not got any consistency we should have won this but just not doing enough some of the old guard need moving on didn't think we needed to strengthen in January but now I'm starting to think we must to stand any chance of challenging for play offs. 

Don't forget that this was likely to be a problematic season once we couldn't move on those that Frank didnt fancy. 

We were mostly settling for playing the right way and bringing one or 2 youngsters through. 

We've got ahead of ourselves with a few sumptuous performances but our underlying issues remain unresolved. 

Is Mount fit? Hardly heard his name. Get the lads fit and encourage them to keep playing the right way. When we forget what we're good at or don't do it well then we can lose.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I think Marriott has been brilliant this season, however he was absolutely woeful tonight. Never got involved in the game, and the rare times he did see the ball, his touch took the ball miles away. I hope he's better for the next game.

Hit the inside of the post the nearest we came bar Wilson free kick.

7 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Other than that time he nearly scored.

Archived