v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

Fair play to Stoke, they didn't quite break any of our players legs and they outplayed us mostly.

Our defence needs sorting and we need to get our confidence back.

Can't get too worried about that old cold wet Wednesday at stoke.

Gary Rowett is vile.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We seemed in such ascendancy a few weeks back, both in results and the quality of performances. I thought we'd be flying by now, but from Villa onwards we've looked very poor. 

I'm still immensely grateful that we're trying to go about things the last way. The lows of this season were still better than the highs of last season for me. 

What a crushing disappointment. Two soft goals conceded, poor goalkeeping on both. Defence shaky, passing really slow and ponderous. The back five needs to get a lot more mean, too many soft goals going in and no clean sheet for months. That was a terrible advert for the Championship as well, bad-tempered rubbish game. Don't think we've heard the last of Bradley Johnson's gnashers either. Seriously fed up tonight, we're not progressing.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Credit to Stoke. We weren’t anything like sharp enough, they defended well.

Bogle had a good game as did Keogh and Hudds made us look a bit tidier but all over we weren’t really good enough on the night.

What game were you watching? We were battered down their left hand side. Both Keogh and Bogle had terrible laspses in concentration! 

Just not got any consistency we should have won this but just not doing enough some of the old guard need moving on didn't think we needed to strengthen in January but now I'm starting to think we must to stand any chance of challenging for play offs. 

Way too many players off it today, thought Mount & Lawrence showed glimpses of quality but thats it. Bryson & Bogle absolute liabilities tonight, offered nothing. Carson been poor on both goals tonight & the goal vs Sheff Weds, not sure if he was in the right mindset after the incident this morning.

Calm down everyone. If it wasn't for Jack Butland we'd have won that. Two incredible saves one from Lawrence in the first half, and one from Tomori in the second. 

On our side, Carson was off it tonight. As you would probably be too if you woke up this morning to find your car had been nicked of your drive. 

On to the next one. 

Archived