v Stoke City (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kinder said:

How are they just talking about Johnson potentially biting Allen on Sky, but they haven’t mentioned the massive bite mark on Johnson’s neck?  No way can Bradley get done and not Allen.

Exactly, the video shows Johnson biting a shirt, it also shows proper teeth marks on Johnson's skin.

I wouldn't send him out for the second half though, bring Hudds on.

1 minute ago, Mick Harford said:

To be fair, from the TV I've seen, Johnson is the only one that *appears* to have bitten, and Sky are claiming that Allen has directly accused him of biting, nothing thus far to suggest that Johnson was bitten in retaliation.

Apart from the massive mark on his neck?

We don't need three in the middle now they're down to 10. They've lost the player from midfield, and we know GR sure isn't going to look for a second goal. Bring Huddlestone on for Johnson and have him dictate play. We'll need an intricate pass to try and break them down, and if they sit off us too much he can at least hit it from distance.

Then a winger for Bryson, with Wilson in the middle. Wilson is much more attacking, better at moving with the ball in tight spaces. Bryson thrives when he's running into space past players. I can't see Stoke giving us much of that, like they haven't so far, which is why Bryson has been so ineffective.

3 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

To be fair, from the TV I've seen, Johnson is the only one that *appears* to have bitten, and Sky are claiming that Allen has directly accused him of biting, nothing thus far to suggest that Johnson was bitten in retaliation.

Except maybe the bite mark on Bradders' neck...?

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bryson and Johnson need to wake up. This ain’t the park on a Sunday with the kids. Now Tomori is on he’s making passes quicker. Malone scares me defensively. Trying to trust him but his reckless spider limbs just scare me. 

Rowett and Stoke fans defending that tackle on Keogh... lol. 

Exactly the same as Saturday, what’s the mentality at the start of matches of this team? Seem to rock up thinking it’ll be a piece of piss... yet every single time we concede first

1 minute ago, Remy the hare said:

This isn’t that funny. Grant of 5 years ago would suit frank’s sweeper keeper role much more than Carson does now. So its a question of balance, better shot stopper vs better distribution. 

I wasn't joking. People can laugh react it all they want, that year Grant was a brilliant shot stopper and moved the ball out quicker in distribution. I'd have him in a heartbeat over Carson. Carson's distribution isn't good enough, and never has been. He is a good shot stopper, though he ducked up today, but he kills our momentum because he takes too long to move the ball out.

5 minutes ago, Kinder said:

How are they just talking about Johnson potentially biting Allen on Sky, but they haven’t mentioned the massive bite mark on Johnson’s neck?  No way can Bradley get done and not Allen.

Looks like he had his shirt in his mouth and unless he’s got super stretchy skin the shirt was all he had, whilst he shouldn’t be doing that you can’t mention the Suarez bite in the same breath like they were in the studio.

Archived