Sign in to follow this  
David

Does Lampard need to strengthen the squad in January?

January Transfer Window  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Somebody with mobility who can manmark for when we play teams with a  Barry Bannon type orchestrator. But not needed for every game. Seth Johnson was a good example. 

Strengthen being the operative word.Any improvement in any position would be a bonus.Don't believe we have to bring anyone out of urgency but should consider any opportunity to replace any loan signings that may no no longer be with us next season.

Surprised by calls for a new RB, I think Wisdom (when he’s match sharp) and Bogle are both good enough.

Both different enough from each other to offer us different tactical set-ups.

We need a reliable more box to box CM in my eyes and a LB now Fozzy’s unfortunately done for the year

43 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Surprised by calls for a new RB, I think Wisdom (when he’s match sharp) and Bogle are both good enough.

Both different enough from each other to offer us different tactical set-ups.

We need a reliable more box to box CM in my eyes and a LB now Fozzy’s unfortunately done for the year

Sorry but neither Bogle nor Wisdom are good enough.

Bogle because he still had lots to learn about defending, Wisdom because he has gone from being a strong defender to a lumbering robot, bereft of confidence.

When you are fitting two ball players into your midfield and have a front three you need strong defenders.

Malone is more of a wing back so the right back has to be strong.

I think we should bring back Max Lowe in for cover for Malone, with Forsyth long term injury and I don't know when Marcus Olsson is going to be available. Also bring back Luke Thomas seeing we have lost Mason Bennett. Strengthening the squad is probably required, looking beyond this season, I.E. : We lose Harry Wilson, Mason Mount and Tomori. So we need to bring in young midfielders plus a couple of young centrebacks (one would do if we could sign Tomari on a perm deal). Then looking at the other side of things, we need to off load some players that are not in Frank's plans. I am looking at Butterfield, Anya and Chris Martin. Don't know about George Thorne, is he in Frank's plans, does anyone know whats happening with him?

Can't sit back this window, last year we were content with the squad we had and it cost us as the rest of the top six added quality to kick on looking at afobe/grabban/mitrovic to name but a few. We've had a really good start but we cant watch others strengthen and not add real quality our selfs. I'd be hoping we can sign another top striker on loan of similar quality to get goals in tight games - January for me isn't about thinking about future prospects... they need to come in and make an impact from day one. Not a very plausible list but strikers like;

Sharp - Would pay over the odds for someone of his age but you know he will score 

Bonatini - only 7 apps no goals this season but very good last year in the championship

Jannson - at spurs no apps this season 

Just don't let others progress whilst we stay the same would be the lesson learned from last Jan.

10 hours ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

we have one out on loan. 

1 goal and 1 assist in his last 21 Championship appearances, although 10 of them have been from the bench.

If we were looking at anyone else with these stats, and someone who had failed to hold down a starting place in either of Reading or Hull teams, I wonder what the reaction would be? 

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

1 goal and 1 assist in his last 21 Championship appearances, although 10 of them have been from the bench.

If we were looking at anyone else with these stats, and someone who had failed to hold down a starting place in either of Reading or Hull teams, I wonder what the reaction would be? 

As a plan B he wouldn't be bad to bring off the bench, and with our quality players in attack he would work well. I am not too fussed if he doesn't play for us again even though he has been great for us in the past I don't think he could hit his peak form. However ,as an option as for a 2nd choice striker at this level you won't get much better as the best players won't sit on our bench, the fact he didn't even get a look in during pre season and a doubtful injury suggest to me he won't play for us again.

Edited by WAGHORNY RAM99

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Can't sit back this window, last year we were content with the squad we had and it cost us as the rest of the top six added quality to kick on looking at afobe/grabban/mitrovic to name but a few. We've had a really good start but we cant watch others strengthen and not add real quality our selfs. I'd be hoping we can sign another top striker on loan of similar quality to get goals in tight games - January for me isn't about thinking about future prospects... they need to come in and make an impact from day one. Not a very plausible list but strikers like;

Sharp - Would pay over the odds for someone of his age but you know he will score 

Bonatini - only 7 apps no goals this season but very good last year in the championship

Just don't let others progress whilst we stay the same would be the lesson learned from last Jan.

Solanke would be top of my list for the striker department, as we could get him on a 6 month loan and he would know some of the players in our squad already such as Wilson, probably Mount and Tomori from the England set up as well. 

1 hour ago, DcfcJB said:

Why strikers with Marriott banging them in at the moment? Granted we don’t know what the situation will be in January but at the moment, while I Can understand the calls for competetition none of those are going to want to sit on our bench, which they will be unless Marriott falls off. I’d say our equivalent to a mitrovic would be a Hughes type centre mid to link it all together... foden or bannan or someone of that ilk would have that sort of an impact on our team.