Happy Thanksgiving

AmericanRam

7 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Well yeah that's the new spin. They've had to modernise it a bit because if you carry on thanking God for allowing you to carry out a genocide on a level that hitler could only dream about... then you're gonna get snowflakes.

What of Christmas then? Much as I love the time off, extended drink etc binges, spoiling the young'uns and my annual viewing of It's A Wonderful Life, celebrating the birth of a sky fairy seems equally preposterous to me. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, 86 points said:

What of Christmas then? Much as I love the time off, extended drink etc binges, spoiling the young'uns and my annual viewing of It's A Wonderful Life, celebrating the birth of a sky fairy seems equally preposterous to me. 

Yeah well as long as that same sky fairy nips down my chimney and leaves me a Nint... I mean... leaves my 7 year old a Nintendo switch then I'll eat drink and be merry and not worry what our forefathers got up to.

Who am I to gainswain or whatever that word was?

7 hours ago, 86 points said:

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yeah well as long as that same sky fairy nips down my chimney and leaves me a Nint... I mean... leaves my 7 year old a Nintendo switch then I'll eat drink and be merry and not worry what our forefathers got up to.

Who am I to gainswain or whatever that word was?

I think you're getting your sky fairies a little mixed up there, Parsnip!  I don't think the sky fairy referred to by 86 points does chimneys!!  

... and it was "gainsay"!  

5 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I think you're getting your sky fairies a little mixed up there, Parsnip!  I don't think the sky fairy referred to by 86 points does chimneys!!  

... and it was "gainsay"!  

But the fat guy in red works for the sky fairy no? Or is it CocaCola - so hard to keep track!

Archived