Happy Thanksgiving

AmericanRam

Thanksgiving today here in the States and I am looking forward to some good food and spending time with those who mean the most to me.

In light of it being Thanksgiving, just wanted to say that I am thankful for my health,thankful to have a good career and money in the bank,thankful to have a roof over my head,thankful so much that I met Toya and how much she has made my life better and looking forward to our future,thankful for my family and how they always have my back.

I also am thankful for the friends made on here and hope to see some in person early next year☺?.

What is everyone else thankful for?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'm just waiting to see which bloody snowflake is first to ruin this thread by banging on about the slaughter and suffering of 100's of millions of indigenous people that we really shouldn't be thanking God for anymore. @Lambchop's a decent bet. ?

Happy turkey day everyone x

If Americans want to celebrate their most notorious genocide, who am I to gainsay it. 

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

I'm just waiting to see which bloody snowflake is first to ruin this thread by banging on about the slaughter and suffering of 100's of millions of indigenous people that we really shouldn't be thanking God for anymore. @Lambchop's a decent bet. ?

Happy turkey day everyone x

I don't want it to get political just definitonal - i thought Thanksgiving was kind of like Harvest Festival over here?

3 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

Thanksgiving today here in the States and I am looking forward to some good food and spending time with those who mean the most to me.

In light of it being Thanksgiving, just wanted to say that I am thankful for my health,thankful to have a good career and money in the bank,thankful to have a roof over my head,thankful so much that I met Toya and how much she has made my life better and looking forward to our future,thankful for my family and how they always have my back.

I also am thankful for the friends made on here and hope to see some in person early next year☺?.

What is everyone else thankful for?

Thankful I’ve still got everyone despite life trying to take them away.

And thankful for the support of you lot and the club,been good to us.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I don't want it to get political just definitonal - i thought Thanksgiving was kind of like Harvest Festival over here?

Well yeah that's the new spin. They've had to modernise it a bit because if you carry on thanking God for allowing you to carry out a genocide on a level that hitler could only dream about... then you're gonna get snowflakes.

I am sure most Americans see it as a celebration of family and getting together. How many of us at Christmas stop and think about why we celebrate it.

Good luck to them,  i wish as a nation we had more excuses to holiday with our loved ones whatever the reason.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

I am sure most Americans see it as a celebration of family and getting together. How many of us at Christmas stop and think about why we celebrate it.

Good luck to them,  i wish as a nation we had more excuses to holiday with our loved ones whatever the reason.

It has to be said, it's one of the few times Americans get an extra day holiday over the rest of the western world.

My wife works for an American firm, when they recruit from stateside they always come with the intention of showing us Limey's how slack we are in terms of working hours and holidays, how dare you use your full allowance etc.

Give em a couple a months, and they've fully tuned into the British way of life, and can't face returning home to face the way things operate over there.

'Office drinks, nursing one bottle of Beer each'.

Sod that, let's get blotto and puck over a statue, it's the English way.

Archived