Sign in to follow this  
86 points

Perspective

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

All the best buddy. As per the thread title, it puts it all into perspective. Know how you're feeling. My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer today resulting in five months of chemo followed by surgery. Let's hope the Rams get promoted which will give her a double celebration in the summer (if only she was a football fan).

A good friend has come through breast cancer mate. Keep positive, stay strong and don't forget to look after yourself. Its often the case that our own health suffers when we spend all our energy and strength looking after and worrying about our loved ones. 

On 14/12/2018 at 21:15, Tamworthram said:

All the best buddy. As per the thread title, it puts it all into perspective. Know how you're feeling. My wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer today resulting in five months of chemo followed by surgery. Let's hope the Rams get promoted which will give her a double celebration in the summer (if only she was a football fan).

Really sorry to hear that mate. I hope the lads can lift your spirits tonight and beyond and that things go well with your good lady's treatment. 

Quick update on the old boy. Scan results today were good. Localised with no spread so prognosis pretty decent. Has some pain in his shoulder which the hospital want to scan - pretty sure it's just a precautionary measure though. Poor dad - he's had that many scans now he probably glows in the dark. Has to undergo 4 weeks of radiotherapy which he's obviously not looking forward to but I think he's more pissed off that he won't be playing any golf than anything else. Not really sure what it entails so will be swatting up a bit tonight. Mum had chemo so know a bit about that but not radiotherapy. Fingers crossed then, it's all looking as positive as can be expected. Thanks again to everyone who posted wishing him well. Much obliged.