Attacking the Police.

Coneheadjohn

Just now, Wolfie said:

It's such a stupid comment from the guy. I get that he's a Union representative, so has his agenda but what kind of message is this giving to those scumbags that get involved in this type of behaviour?.

How many times have the police said that the public shouldn't get involved?. At least video footage can be used in future prosecutions & is regularly requested by police after an event.

The police have been giving these messages for years. 'There's nothing we can do...' is the usual refrain where victims of crime are concerned. 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Maybe if senior officers didn't lock themselves in their car and watch while their colleague got stabbed to death, people might be more inclined to help.

Really poor comment about an isolated incident. There are plenty of emergency services staff that risk injury/serious injury/death every day of the week. It's not the lack of action from senior officers that prevent public getting involved it's more often than not a rationale fear of getting injured themselves. 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Really poor comment about an isolated incident. There are plenty of emergency services staff that risk injury/serious injury/death every day of the week. It's not the lack of action from senior officers that prevent public getting involved it's more often than not a rationale fear of getting injured themselves. 

Leadership comes from the top in that kind of organizational structure.

How can that man could look other officers in the eye, neither mind lead them.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Leadership comes from the top in that kind of organizational structure.

How can that man could look other officers in the eye, neither mind lead them.

Can't argue with that and your comment would have been valid had we been talking about more junior police not stepping in. However, we're talking about the general public here who aren't led by the senior officer in question.

I doubt very much if anyone observing this incident thought "well if an individual senior police officer wouldn't step in then I won't". As I said they're more likely to be thinking that if they get involved they're very likely to get hurt themselves. I'm not blaming them, I'd probably do the same sadly, but it's got nothing to do with the lack of action taken by one senior officer.

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

Can't argue with that and your comment would have been valid had we been talking about more junior police not stepping in. However, we're talking about the general public here who aren't led by the senior officer in question.

I doubt very much if anyone observing this incident thought "well if an individual senior police officer wouldn't step in then I won't". As I said they're more likely to be thinking that if they get involved they're very likely to get hurt themselves. I'm not blaming them, I'd probably do the same sadly, but it's got nothing to do with the lack of action taken by one senior officer.

Never mind that, I've just re-read the terrible sentence in my previous post.

The grammar police used to pick me up on it, but now they just walk on by.

Only going to get worse... 

They know that there are 20,000 less bobbies and they know they've got a good chance of getting away if they put up a fight because there's limited or no back up. 

As for the video - 

Two officers stopped the car 3 scum up, male officer looks to be doing a good job with a big lad, female officer giving it 'em with CS.

Simmilar situations happen all day everyday all over the country and get dealt with easily. On this occasion they were up against it and it didn't go as well that's all, fair play to the motorcyclist.

Takes a special sort of scum to flying kick a female officer on a busy road into oncoming traffic but sadly that's the way it's going now. 

There are lots of decent frontline officers doing a brilliant job, they're still out there catching baddies and having good old fashioned scraps along the way. 

Obviously I'm biased but trust me, they're still trying their best with the hand they've been dealt. 

5 hours ago, Wolfie said:

It's such a stupid comment from the guy. I get that he's a Union representative, so has his agenda but what kind of message is this giving to those scumbags that get involved in this type of behaviour?.

How many times have the police said that the public shouldn't get involved?. At least video footage can be used in future prosecutions & is regularly requested by police after an event.

Cringed when I read it.

The late Paul McKeever was a massive loss to the Police Federation and will be very hard to replace. 

3 minutes ago, PrivateDerby said:

Only going to get worse... 

They know that there are 20,000 less bobbies and they know they've got a good chance of getting away if they put up a fight because there's limited or no back up. 

As for the video - 

Two officers stopped the car 3 scum up, male officer looks to be doing a good job with a big lad, female officer giving it 'em with CS.

Simmilar situations happen all day everyday all over the country and get dealt with easily. On this occasion they were up against it and it didn't go as well that's all, fair play to the motorcyclist.

Takes a special sort of scum to flying kick a female officer on a busy road into oncoming traffic but sadly that's the way it's going now. 

There are lots of decent frontline officers doing a brilliant job, they're still out there catching baddies and having good old fashioned scraps along the way. 

Obviously I'm biased but trust me, they're still trying their best with the hand they've been dealt. 

Im sure most are trying their best but one experience i had makes me wonder. I went to greyhounds at Nottingham couple of years ago and towards the end some bloke obviously drunk decided to do a lap of the track.

The security got him, dragged him off, walking out not exaggerating but at least 7 police cars are there with numerous officers lights flashing. 

They are bundling the guy in the back of a van, no one is fighting or anything. Talk about massive overreaction. 

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Im sure most are trying their best but one experience i had makes me wonder. I went to greyhounds at Nottingham couple of years ago and towards the end some bloke obviously drunk decided to do a lap of the track.

The security got him, dragged him off, walking out not exaggerating but at least 7 police cars are there with numerous officers lights flashing. 

They are bundling the guy in the back of a van, no one is fighting or anything. Talk about massive overreaction. 

I'll have it but... imagine you've dealt with scumbags and nonsense all shift, then a call comes in about a drunk man running around a dog track ?

17 hours ago, Paul71 said:

3 hours ago, PrivateDerby said:

I'll have it but... imagine you've dealt with scumbags and nonsense all shift, then a call comes in about a drunk man running around a dog track ?

Did they use a truncheon on him? Bet they couldn't wait to whippet out...

17 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Hare one minute, gone the next?

Archived