Attacking the Police.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 20/11/2018 at 17:21, reveldevil said:

Never mind that, I've just re-read the terrible sentence in my previous post.

The grammar police used to pick me up on it, but now they just walk on by.

Saw a couple of grammar police walking round Southampton on Sunday. They were festooned with so many dictionaries and grammatatical texts they looked huge and virtually immobile. If they're standard beat grammar coppers then they look to have no chance of a) quickly identifying a split infinitive  b) being mentally agile enough to politely rebuff any insults expressed in common vernacular and c) quickly get an erudite riposte out of their  bulging brains  rapidly to get quotable back up if a situation with Curtains quickly turns.

Really sad state of affairs that they have to be so kitted out for basic GCSE level communication they are rendered completely unable to function in the way intended. ?

8 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Saw a couple of grammar police walking round Southampton on Sunday. They were festooned with so many dictionaries and grammatatical texts they looked huge and virtually immobile. If they're standard beat grammar coppers then they look to have no chance of a) quickly identifying a split infinitive  b) being mentally agile enough to politely rebuff any insults expressed in common vernacular and c) quickly get an erudite riposte out of their  bulging brains  rapidly to get quotable back up if a situation with Curtains quickly turns.

Really sad state of affairs that they have to be so kitted out for basic GCSE level communication they are rendered completely unable to function in the way intended. ?

elo, elo, elo. wots goin on ear den

7 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

And yet, they won't us to help them out if their getting a kicking (sic).

On 20/11/2018 at 11:33, Alpha said:

"We're going to come to a point where we're going to start pushing messages out to our colleagues: 'Risk-assess it dynamically and, if you think you can't detain a person, just let them go. We don't come to work to get assaulted, and if we're not going to be backed up in what we're doing then what is the point?"

... But you're the police? 

Risk assess it dynamically. twit

So if I'm under danger or arrest, all I need do is resort to ultra-violent, beast-mode and I'll be allowed to walk away. Always good to know.

On 20/11/2018 at 09:22, alexxxxx said:

what - get involved and risk getting stabbed to death trying to be being a hero? don't think so i'm afraid..

Surely it's not about trying to be a hero but it's about doing the right thing.

A man takes a running karate kick at a woman (police officer or nor) in a street where I am and I'm afraid I'm in trouble cos I couldn't not get involved.

The world is ducked, well and truly ducked.

9 hours ago, 86 points said:

Think a motorcyclist and A.N Other did intervene John, Rightly so IMO. 

I just assumed that the guy in the motorcycle helmet was an offender.

You always used to see those signs when you went into the bank or post office warning about people wearing motorcycle helmets.

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Surely it's not about trying to be a hero but it's about doing the right thing.

A man takes a running karate kick at a woman (police officer or nor) in a street where I am and I'm afraid I'm in trouble cos I couldn't not get involved.

The world is ducked, well and truly ducked.

I live in London. People get stabbed to death every week within a few miles where I live, someone got shot dead round the corner where I used to live.

The danger is completely real and I'm not a guy built for a fight I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

I live in London. People get stabbed to death every week within a few miles where I live, someone got shot dead round the corner where I used to live.

It's the same in Wirksworth. 

Archived