Attacking the Police.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/police-officer-karate-kicked-in-violent-attack-on-london-street-11557984

What the hell is going on?

Anyone get involved?I mean helping the Police by the way.

what - get involved and risk getting stabbed to death trying to be being a hero? don't think so i'm afraid..

1 minute ago, coneheadjohn said:

Always a risk.

I’m just after what people thought about getting involved as opposed to standing back and filming and laughing,.

The problem is that if you got involved, and injured either the person being arrested or yourself, where does that leave you in the eyes of the law?  Reasonable force is such a grey area.  If the bloke (being arrested) had a knife and you clobbered him from behind with a limp of wood, the arguement could be made that you are the one at fault.

I was driving through the Meadows late at night and saw a man and a woman kicking seven bells out of a bloke in the gutter .I pulled up to have a word and the bloke in the gutter jumps up and joins forces with the two giving him the kicking .Judge carefully is all I would say.

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I was driving through the Meadows late at night and saw a man and a woman kicking seven bells out of a bloke in the gutter .I pulled up to have a word and the bloke in the gutter jumps up and joins forces with the two giving him the kicking .Judge carefully is all I would say.

Confused. Who were they kicking once the bloke in the gutter got up?? 

34 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Were you in your ceremonial carriage, and festooned with Crown Jewels? 

"We're going to come to a point where we're going to start pushing messages out to our colleagues: 'Risk-assess it dynamically and, if you think you can't detain a person, just let them go. We don't come to work to get assaulted, and if we're not going to be backed up in what we're doing then what is the point?"

... But you're the police? 

Risk assess it dynamically. twit

Help, help! This guy is holding my kids hostage

Don't worry! The police are here right now and are carrying out a dynamic risk assessment

Hurry, he's got a weapon

Good luck, love. You should have called the Royal Marines. All the best though, yeah

Saw a couple of police walking round Southampton on Sunday. They were festooned with so much kit and kevlar they looked huge and virtually immobile. If they're standard beat coppers then they look to have no chance of a) chasing anyone at pace b) being agile enough to dodge any blows aimed in their direction and c) quickly get a comms device out of their  bulging equipment belts rapidly to get back up of a situation quickly turns.

Really sad state of affairs that they have to be so kitted out for self defence they are rendered completely unable to function in the way intended.

4 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Saw a couple of police walking round Southampton on Sunday. They were festooned with so much kit and kevlar they looked huge and virtually immobile. If they're standard beat coppers then they look to have no chance of a) chasing anyone at pace b) being agile enough to dodge any blows aimed in their direction and c) quickly get a comms device out of their  bulging equipment belts rapidly to get back up of a situation quickly turns.

Really sad state of affairs that they have to be so kitted out for self defence they are rendered completely unable to function in the way intended.

This made me smile,what a sad state.

Must be knackered after a shift.

The nearest I've ever come to committing violence was on an anti apartheid demo in the 80s.

Three police were holding a friend down on the ground, whilst a fourth punched him repeatedly in the face. His crime; sitting peacefully outside the South African embassy.

I could have kicked the policeman in the face, but I just walked away shaking and crying. Never trusted them since, funnily enough.

Not condoning attacks on the police, but pointing out that they are sometimes the aggressors.

That's not a political opinion, it's just a fact of life. 

3 hours ago, McRamFan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46272442

Police 'could let violent suspects go if public do not help'

It's such a stupid comment from the guy. I get that he's a Union representative, so has his agenda but what kind of message is this giving to those scumbags that get involved in this type of behaviour?.

How many times have the police said that the public shouldn't get involved?. At least video footage can be used in future prosecutions & is regularly requested by police after an event.

Archived