Cricket

Day

Would you eat one?

Sainsbury's has become the first UK high street supermarket to stock edible insects.

Barbecue-flavour roasted crickets are being put on sale in 250 stores across the country from Sunday.

The Eat Grub's "smoky BBQ crunchy roasted crickets" are described as "crunchy in texture with a rich smoky flavour".

Packets of the insects will cost £1.50.

Full story https://news.sky.com/story/sainsburys-launches-150-edible-insect-range-in-uk-supermarket-first-11556476

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I wouldn't eat one. I'm willing to try and get on board with the idea of eating bugs, since they're a cheap and environmentally sustainable source of protein, but I don't feel like the people advocating this are meeting me half way. They don't even attempt to make these things appetizing. I like meat, but if I paid money for a meal or a cut from the butchers I wouldn't accept just having a full carcass dumped on my plate. The same goes for these bugs. Is it really too much to ask that they be ground up into patties or something rather than just served as they are?

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Can’t beat Fortnum and Mason or Harrods deli..

Doesnt everyone use these places? 

Used to meet a mate on the Friday commuter train home from London and we took it in turns to provide a picnic of a bottle of wine plus nibbles.

his job moved from Canary Wharf to a fund managers in Mayfair. So when it was his turn, it was a bottle of barolo and pork pie from Fortnums.

Heaven........my efforts from the Little Waitrose near Monument were quite poor in comparison....?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Used to meet a mate on the Friday commuter train home from London and we took it in turns to provide a picnic of a bottle of wine plus nibbles.

his job moved from Canary Wharf to a fund managers in Mayfair. So when it was his turn, it was a bottle of barolo and pork pie from Fortnums.

Heaven........my efforts from the Little Waitrose near Monument were quite poor in comparison....?

Been spending a lot of time in the city recently.. God I hate that journey home, poxy Piccadilly Line...

No wonder people stay in town longer..

Archived