Lucas Piazon

LB_DCFC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/11/2018 at 18:16, Ambitious said:

Piazon is a great talent. He's technically as good as any player at Championship level, in my opinion, but he's never really been able to impact games that his ability suggests. I'm always advocating signing talented players that just need better coaching or utilising differently, hence why I really wanted us to sign Kasey Palmer. Piazon fits the bill. 

Having seen Lampard’s system I’m even more adamant that Palmer would be perfect for the linking role on the right of the midfield three 

On 18/11/2018 at 18:16, Ambitious said:

Piazon is a great talent. He's technically as good as any player at Championship level, in my opinion, but he's never really been able to impact games that his ability suggests. I'm always advocating signing talented players that just need better coaching or utilising differently, hence why I really wanted us to sign Kasey Palmer. Piazon fits the bill. 

PALMER!!!

You guys (inc @cannable too) have reminded me of that - He'd fit perfectly into that CM role which Wilson has been playing - Last year he didn't really have a role under Rowett but he'd be perfect in this side! 

31 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Would rather Hudson-Odoi. Works hard, ridiculous pace....and we need to stop Boro and Villa stock piling another quality player.

I'd have Piazon thanks - They're not going to let Hudson-Odoi go permanently and I'd prefer a player who was around for next season too - Don't want to be too reliant on loan players

24 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

PALMER!!!

You guys (inc @cannable too) have reminded me of that - He'd fit perfectly into that CM role which Wilson has been playing - Last year he didn't really have a role under Rowett but he'd be perfect in this side! 

I'd have Piazon thanks - They're not going to let Hudson-Odoi go permanently and I'd prefer a player who was around for next season too - Don't want to be too reliant on loan players

I want players who are going to get us up. We know MM will spend if we get promoted. It's also likely that those loan players would be back next season if we did go up.

Was speaking to a friend at the weekend whose brother in law is the team delagate at Valencia (Salvador "Voro" Gonzalez, don't know if the translation of job title makes sense) and he confirmed that they are at least interested in signing him. Don't think even Frank would be enough of a pull over Valencia, unless he would prefer to stay in England.

• 2 weeks later...

So players who can play on the wing are:

Lawrence, Zoon, Wilson, Bennett, Holmes, Waghorn, Thomas, McAllister, Anya.

Even allowing for Wilson being on loan, McAllister not ready, and Anya out of favour, that's 6 wingers we'd start next season with.  We don't need another permanent winger signed. 

Zoon, Waghorn and Holmes fine as cover this year.  Or recall Thomas

Archived