Lucas Piazon

LB_DCFC

Here we go, a month and a half until Jan and the rumours begin. Brazilian report saying that Piazon's 'In the sights of Corinthians, Derby County and Valencia'. Makes sense after Bennett's injury, and frank doesn't particularly seem to trust Zoon yet. Surprised he's still at Chelsea and not on loan or been sold. Good player at this level, but if Valencia's interest is genuine, can't see us beating a champions league side to him, even with Frank's influence. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly the sort of signing I like, talented young player who didn’t quite live up to his potential at a big club available on a perm on the cheap. Good record in this league and always looked a talent at Fulham, could be a good long term player for us, and would cover Bennett’s injury too. Think we’d struggle against Valencia mind...

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Exactly the sort of signing I like, talented young player who didn’t quite live up to his potential at a big club available on a perm on the cheap. Good record in this league and always looked a talent at Fulham, could be a good long term player for us, and would cover Bennett’s injury too. Think we’d struggle against Valencia mind...

Not read the article yet, what is 'on the cheap'?

11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Been hit by a few injuries hasn't he? Is he a striker? If so goal record not that great.

Piazon is a great talent. He's technically as good as any player at Championship level, in my opinion, but he's never really been able to impact games that his ability suggests. I'm always advocating signing talented players that just need better coaching or utilising differently, hence why I really wanted us to sign Kasey Palmer. Piazon fits the bill. 

Technically a very good player.Not the quickest. Career has been hampered by injury. he has plenty of experience in the Championship. Chelsea signed him for a lot of money from Sao Paulo. Could be a good signing under Frank's tutelage. I would think Valancia might be more attractive than Derbados though.

Archived