Claudio Ranieri new Fulham Manager

Curtains

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, David said:

Not surprising, although you have to feel for Jokanovic slightly.

Expect a few Championship clubs will be calling board meetings over the next few weeks.

Forest, Sheff Wed, Stoke 3 likely destinations. 

Doesn’t matter about style of football if you don’t get results ultimately you get the sack. 

Just saw it on Sky... Claudio Ranieri appointed new Fulham Manager.  Then noticed the strap line that said Slavisa Jokanovic had been sacked.

I know there is no loyalty in football anymore but seems a bit disrespectful by both the owner and Ranieri to agree on the managers job before the previous guy has been sacked ?

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Doesn’t matter about style of football if you don’t get results ultimately you get the sack. 

Who mentioned style of football? Let this Rowett obsession go. It’s been widely suggested by journalists he had little say over the summer transfers, if true after last season you have to feel for him a bit.

Thats the problem with getting promoted to the prem.

Promoted clubs cannot handle losing week in, week out.

P.s. Fulham should revert to the macdonald, johansen, cairney midfield that got them promoted playing great football.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Who mentioned style of football? Let this Rowett obsession go. It’s been widely suggested by journalists he had little say over the summer transfers, if true after last season you have to feel for him a bit.

Because style of Football is widely quoted on here. 

The problem is the gulf between the Premier League and Championship. 

Every season you will see topics on forums across the league, is this team good enough for the Premier League?

Last season fans looking at Fulham saying they will do fine up there, but it’s never the same team anymore, Fulham have spent £100m on 12 new players and given him 12 games to get it right.

It’s desperation to stay up, understandable, Huddersfield did similar but on a lot less money but worked out for them.

Difference being Wagner had a say in the signings. 

Whilst many clubs operate under the head coach model now, I don’t see why you would dump so many new faces onto your coach that had a team playing well, unless regardless of results he has your backing and time to get it right.

More on the setup at Fulham...

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-transfers-joe-bryan-jokanovic-14599209

5 minutes ago, David said:

The problem is the gulf between the Premier League and Championship. 

Every season you will see topics on forums across the league, is this team good enough for the Premier League?

Last season fans looking at Fulham saying they will do fine up there, but it’s never the same team anymore, Fulham have spent £100m on 12 new players and given him 12 games to get it right.

It’s desperation to stay up, understandable, Huddersfield did similar but on a lot less money but worked out for them.

Difference being Wagner had a say in the signings. 

Whilst many clubs operate under the head coach model now, I don’t see why you would dump so many new faces onto your coach that had a team playing well, unless regardless of results he has your backing and time to get it right.

More on the setup at Fulham...

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fulham-transfers-joe-bryan-jokanovic-14599209

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-fulham/transfers/verein/931

Mitrovic was already on loan and just made permanent ,

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mitrovic was 18 million 

What’s your point is that you think the manager was told to change his style of play and had no choice on  incoming signings. 

Again, nobody other than you has mentioned style of play. 

I’m talking about 12 new signings, 11 without Mitrovic being signed for the head coach that had his team performing.

Giving him 12 games to bed them in to the team. 

I think that’s harsh. 

Yes the game is about results, but you can’t chuck in half a squad of players and expect overnight miracles. 

2 minutes ago, David said:

Again, nobody other than you has mentioned style of play. 

I’m talking about 12 new signings, 11 without Mitrovic being signed for the head coach that had his team performing.

Giving him 12 games to bed them in to the team. 

I think that’s harsh. 

Yes the game is about results, but you can chuck in half a squad of players and expect overnight miracles. 

A manager just doesn’t change his philosophy does he. 

I agree it’s harsh. 

7 hours ago, David said:

Not surprising, although you have to feel for Jokanovic slightly.

Expect a few Championship clubs will be calling board meetings over the next few weeks.

Forest, Sheff Wed, Stoke 3 likely destinations. 

Ok I will bite , why Forest ?

Archived