Signal Booster

David

Anyone tried one of these

[url=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-ericsson-internal-signal-booster-fits-all_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1683Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem170297568129QQitemZ170297568129QQptZUKQ5fMobilePhonesQ5fMobilePhonesQQsalenotsupported]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-ericsson-intern...alenotsupported

Having problems with signal inside the house, its fine when I go outside although calls keep getting dropped which is getting quite annoying. Sent the phone to Orange thinking it was faulty but they have returned it saying its fine your just having signal problems and Orange cannot guarentee a signal

At £2 its not going to break the bank if it does jack to help but that £2 could go towards a pot noodle

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had one of those and didn't notice any difference in signal. Still at £2 its worth a gamble. I'm on orange too and the signal is frustratingly inconsistent. Upstairs I get full signal, on the stairs I don't get any at all.

I have a W890i, apparently the ariel is in the bottom of the phone where you hold it, great idea Sony

In the living room if I hold it I get no signal, put it on the coffee table I get full signal. I end up taking calls on the loudspeaker so the call doesnt drop.

Upstairs I get 2/3 bars when holding it, and full when I put it down.

Spoke to a guy at Orange who said some phones do not work well with Orange, why sell them then I asked? people buy em still, great! when I started the contract I had a K800i which worked perfectly, just abit of a brick thats all, might have to go back to it tho to get the signal.

Been looking into Skype tho recently, you can get a Skype mobile which you have unlimited calls to Skype users and the instant messenger but it also uses 3 mobile for calls to other mobiles etc. Might have to look into them further when this contract is up.

I have a nokia 6680 because I dropped my good phone off a balcony on holiday so it broke and when I came back my mate offered to sell me his 6680 for £20 so I bought it. Don't like being on orange though because the people on the helpline basically speak a different language. It took me about an hour registering the sim because he couldn't understand english

We have a skype phone at our house and its great but it doesn't get used much because we havent told anyone the skype number so it only gets used when the main land line is being used by someone else

Just out the phone down and ring again thats what I do, I asked once if I could speak to a English operator and she put the phone down! cheeky cow lol

Got a good deal at the time when I first joined Orange, plus the missus is on Orange. Unlimited texts, free cals to her and 3 mates with magic numbers, 600mins and free phone + PSP.

Ordered one of those signal boosters now, if it makes a slight difference I'l order another, fill the thing with them. i'l be like a walking magnet!

Lol similar thing happend to me about about 20 minutes ago on the phone to microsoft. Trying to read out 15 digit serial number to someone with an american-pakistani accent was almost impossible.

I think it may have been the gadget show but a couple of year ago some TV programme did something about these signal boosters and they determined that wrapping your phone in tin-foil does the same as a signal booster

Do you not already know the layout of your phone keypad without having to have holes in the keypad? I think walking down the street with a big shiny phone would be great. Not enough gadgets are shiny imo:D

I will admit that if I have it in my pocket and I'm not wearing a belt my jeans do start to slip south. But oh well, as you say thats the fashion.

It only cost me £20 and I needed a phone because my one got dropped off the balcony

Archived