Sign in to follow this  
David

Premier League appoint Susanna Dinnage as Chief Executive

1 hour ago, David said:

Changed her mind, doesn’t want the job now

Is it any more embarrassing that Richard Scudamore walks off with a £5 million bonus, oh and not to mention a CBE for his services to football....Hmm.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

Is it any more embarrassing that Richard Scudamore walks off with a £5 million bonus, oh and not to mention a CBE for his services to football....Hmm.

Probably, yes. The person they picked first has turned them down after several weeks to think about it and presumably having accepted it, leaving them with a temporary CEO and chairman. And a process to go through all over again leading to a new CEO who will know he/she was second choice at best. 

Pretty embarrasing all round. Sums up the PL, despite all its financial success.

34 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Another one offered, then turned down the role... This time Tim Davie has turned the job down and told staff he's going to stay at the BBC:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46903427

Something odd going on at the Premier League right now. Why are these people turning down the chance of many millions in salary and bonuses?

You would think they would go after someone with experience in the game but what do I know 

18 minutes ago, David said:

You would think they would go after someone with experience in the game but what do I know 

I suspect they see Netflix and Amazon, and want to launch their own Premier League TV service, and bypass the legacy broadcasters... Much as Mel has been suggesting.