Premier League appoint Susanna Dinnage as Chief Executive

David

The Premier League announces today that it has appointed Susanna Dinnage to the role of Chief Executive.

Bruce Buck, Chairman of Chelsea and the Premier League’s Nominations Committee, said: "We are very pleased to appoint such a capable leader to this important role.

"We had a very strong field, but Susanna was the outstanding choice given her track record in managing complex businesses through transformation and digital disruption.

Full story https://www.premierleague.com/news/911254/?sf202180837=1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Premier League clubs are being asked to give £250,000 each so the Richard Scudamore can have a £5Million farewell bonus (twice his yearly wage).

The clubs are expected to agree:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761

Give it to charity I say.

With the outrage this has caused, I’m surprised that 1) Scudamore hasn’t come out and said the money will go to charity or simply decline it. 2) Clubs haven’t simply refused and given 250k to a local charity in their city/town in response.

9 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Premier League clubs are being asked to give £250,000 each so the Richard Scudamore can have a £5Million farewell bonus (twice his yearly wage).

Don't people normally get a carriage clock or teasmaid?

14 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

The comments section at the bottom of the article have been turned off after 2k messages of “goodwill” towards his retirement package.

Lots from league club supporters weirdly.

19 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Interesting choice. Never heard of her, but she seems big in "digital disruption". Now what would the premier league find intriguing about that I wonder...…..?

Yeah... interesting she comes from a TV company.  I wonder if that means the plan is to launch their own "TV Company" and bypass Sky and Co, with their own streaming service.

I know where I'd be placing my bets.

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Yeah... interesting she comes from a TV company.  I wonder if that means the plan is to launch their own "TV Company" and bypass Sky and Co, with their own streaming service.

I know where I'd be placing my bets.

My point in a nutshell. The prem league then create/own their own content which they beam out over whatever infrastructure will give the best access terms. 

Might do multiple platforms to broaden reach.

Might beam it through my PS4 reality headset so I can at last score a winning goal for the rams. ...?

I personally hate Scudamore and all he stands for, with a passion. He claims to be a football fan himself (Bristol city I believe) and qualified referee etc etc.

But he is nothing more than a fat cat, trying to make as much money for himself, his precious brand the EPL, and its members.

he has no interest in football being a level playing field, fans, communities, or anything that is in the spirit of the game.

I don't think anyone could argue that the rebel Championship clubs led by our own Mel Morris complaining of an under valued TV deal would even exist, if it wasn't for the vast riches the EPL generates. This rebellion is a direct comparison with the EPL.

Likewise the European super league has come about because the financial playing field is not level if you are a top Spanish, Italian or german football club. Their own income streams from TV fall far short of the EPL, and likewise they want a piece of the action.

Im sure if football was properly regulated, this wouldn't be able to happen. Unfortauntely UEFA and our own FA are just as corrupt and only in it for the money themselves to the point they have golden hand shakes with the super rich to allow them to flaunt rules.

If football was regulated properly, im pretty sure the EPL would be charged with monopolisation, and in the interests of competition being healthy between different companies and bodies. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, David said:

Changed her mind, doesn’t want the job now

To be fair,  i think its a good thing for a woman to have an open mind on what positions interest her.

Archived