Oh go on then, where are we eating?

TuffLuff

20 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Land - Birmingham Great Western Arcade. Previously owned by and named 1837. Vegetarian restaurant that will cause even the most ardent meat eaters to admit veggies can taste amazing. £30 per head plus drinks.

Thai Marina - Barton under Needwood Marina. Lovely setting, great sticky rice and Massaman curry. £20 per head.

La Pepita - Gracia, Barcelona. Great tapas in a cracking bustling tapas bar. 

Quimet y Quimet - Barcelona. Legendary. Manic, crowded, pricey but the food is well worth it. Bourdain came here for a reason.

Group of us heading to Barca in December. Might check out one of your recommendations while there. WIll have a quick swat up on Trip Advisor and suggest one to the gang.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Group of us heading to Barca in December. Might check out one of your recommendations while there. WIll have a quick swat up on Trip Advisor and suggest one to the gang.

do something called champanyet, sort of a weaker cava.  Buy it buy the bottle and share it around.  Might not be your cup of tea but I like it

14 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

El Xampanyet in Gothic is a great bar with fab tapas but gets crushed.  Next door is Bodega la Puntual which looks tiny but has a big dinning room at the back.  Both damn good

24 minutes ago, Spanish said:

El Xampanyet in Gothic is a great bar with fab tapas but gets crushed.  Next door is Bodega la Puntual which looks tiny but has a big dinning room at the back.  Both damn good

Cheers @Spanish much obliged mate. We used to head to Madrid at least once a year but not been in Barca for yonks so tips gratefully received.

11 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Can anyone recommend a good pub and a place to eat in Greenwich area as I'll be stopping near the Cutty Sark on Friday night, before going to Charlton on Saturday. 

The night before my sister's wedding, the ushers went to the Cutty Sark pub for drinks (great atmosphere) before eating at the Midpoint Restaurant, which is a nice Turkish place. I think most of the guests ate at the pub, but I'm not sure whether it was any good or not.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Due to the closure of many eateries I've recently been eating more often in a local bejou establishment.

It's very exclusive as it has only one table, which can sit 6 quite comfortably. The menu offers a good range of dishes, which have been designed by the head chef, to appeal to it's regular clientele.

The waitress is very attentive and dare I say sexy. So much so, that after a week of full on chat up lines, I may with any luck, be getting my hands on more than a tea towel at the end of the meal.

18 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Due to the closure of many eateries I've recently been eating more often in a local bejou establishment.

It's very exclusive as it has only one table, which can sit 6 quite comfortably. The menu offers a good range of dishes, which have been designed by the head chef, to appeal to it's regular clientele.

The waitress is very attentive and dare I say sexy. So much so, that after a week of full on chat up lines, I may with any luck, be getting my hands on more than a tea towel at the end of the meal.

Any footage??

29 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

That's nice.

Mrs. VdM is strictly enforcing social distancing ?

2 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Could get tricky

Remember, 2 meters..

11 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Eaten there a couple of times.  Very nice.

?

Archived