Christmas Dinner

David

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have four points to make 

1) @Parsnip‘s are great, Parmasen @Parsnip‘s are even better

2) Haggis is great, but vegetarian haggis is probably better

3) I’m sure there was a run of Christmas Eve’s about a decade ago where they showed the Pogues Fairytale in New York doc followed by This Is Spinal Tap, what happened to that??? Coming home from the pub was joyous. 

4) Turkey from the local farm.

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

No, it uses non-meat alternatives to look like haggis. That’s why it’s called ‘vegetarian haggis’ and not ‘haggis’ much like we don’t call vegetarian sausages, ‘sausages’.

I call em fake sausages

9 minutes ago, David said:

I call em fake sausages

Ha, in fairness they aren’t great. Due to health reasons I try and be meat free in the week so it’s easier to have veggie sausages in the house.

Best sausages are those Heck ones though, the chicken italia ones especially. A good alternative if you aren’t meant to eat red meat.

The veggie haggis I get are made by the same company that does the meat haggis so it is a pretty good standard.

17 hours ago, froggg said:

It’ll be a carvery extravaganza for about fifteen family and friends again this year, suspect chicken pork and lamb will be the fare, but certainly no turkey ? ?

I wouldn't recommend serving suspect meat. Someone will come down with the poops.

21 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Best sausages are those Heck ones

I won't eat Heck because of their animal welfare - but Jolly Hog sausages are so much better anyway - gluten free and juicy AF. And they give their pigs good lives before ??

Just now, Parsnip said:

I won't eat Heck because of their animal welfare - but Jolly Hog sausages are so much better anyway - gluten free and juicy AF. And they give their pigs good lives before ??

Oh really??? I thought Heck were meant to be good on that front? If that’s the case then bugger ‘em

20 hours ago, David said:

Seeing as the adverts have started on TV, what are you whacking in the oven this year, anyone breaking free from tradition and the tasteless dry bird that is the turkey?

Turkey's so underrated. I'll be using a week Thursday's Thanksgiving (22nd November) as an excuse to have it then too, in solidarity with our American posters.

Turkey crown at mothers this year. Thankfully she buys ready made trimmings because she can’t cook bless her, I’ve offered but she refuses ?

Now I’ve settled down in a relationship, trying to choose where to go for Christmas is difficult. 4 sets of parents and ultimately someone will be disappointed. 

It was much easier being single, drinking down the pub til kick out on Christmas Eve and having a horrendous hangover. Eating constantly to ease the pain ?

17 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Turkey's so underrated. I'll be using a week Thursday's Thanksgiving (22nd November) as an excuse to have it then too, in solidarity with our American posters.

So underrated nobody touches it for 51 weeks of the year, they have to get rid by mincing it and twizzling it up for the kids 

Archived