Haters gonna Hate

Comrade 86

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Is that a fact?

Fact is Connor Sammon’s family think he’s a footballing genius, when most people’s opinions are likely to be well wide of it.

Opinions eh, I liked your post even if you did go on a bit ??

53 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Come on man (or woman!) As I've stated, there's no issues with negative opinions. It's the slagging off of the players that grates not the analysis of their games, good or bad. It's not complicated really. You've just taken someone to task on the match thread for calling the loss 'season defining' in any case, which by your own argument, they are perfectly entitled to do so I'm not really sure where you're coming from right now.

Yes I disagree with their point. No personal insults or questioning how big a fan they are. I actually agree with you how ridiculous some people's posts are but I just choose to ignore them rather than pour more fuel on their fire.

Just now, reveldevil said:

I thought he was all Hyde, to be honest.

Stop being precious, the OP simply turned your split condom analogy back onto yourself.  

I do think if you're a footballer, going on fan forums after such a performance would be highly stupid, I'd only have a glance if I was Man of the Match in a thumping win!

I also don't think people deserve the tag of bedwetters etc for expressing dissatisfaction with the type of performance we saw yesterday.

It would be a more boring forum if I only read opinions that tallyed with my own, that's for sure.

Not at all, the ripped condom analogy was used to describe how ineffective Lawrence’s performance was, because ripped condoms are ineffective, there were plenty of other comments about Lawrence’s performance(including comparing him to a sex toy) but OP only took issue with mine, as he has been for months and months after I criticised Rowett’s football and he has been trying to make me rise to his comments. The mods obviously saw it that way because the OP’s comment was deleted. To suggest that he regrets someone was born is crossing the line. There’s a clear difference between describing how bad a player’s performance was and outright saying that he regrets someone had been born.

9 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I thought he was all Hyde, to be honest.

Ah you're right! It's arse about face. Damn!!! Also it's not the dissatisfied I'm referring to. It's those (as stated) that take the view Lawrence should never play for us again because he had a bad game or worse, as were seen on yesterday's match thread. It's not an attempt to censor fair comment (whether I agree with it or not) simply to discourage the kind of bile we see from some quarters after a poor performance. It won't make any difference anyway!

32 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Opinions need to be challenged. That's what a free society consists of. Being 'entitled' to an opinion is only half the story. An opinion expressed is public property and should be examined and critiqued. Now, I admit that this forum is not a great example of that but 'jeez give it a rest' doesn't seem a particularly good refutation of the content of the post.

It's not really just the opening post though, the general content of that post is appearing in lots of threads where people express a negative opinion.

I think some people are just trying to be funny with the slag off comments or venting frustration. I remember after we lost the play off first leg v Hull I wanted Bradley Johnson melted down for glue. I think I and everyone else would be horrified if rumours that Bradders had dissapeared on an adhesives factory visit and the police were investigating a goatie wielding former board member.  I actually always rather liked Johnson, but that match I was livid.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not at all, the ripped condom analogy was used to describe how ineffective Lawrence’s performance was, because ripped condoms are ineffective, there were plenty of other comments about Lawrence’s performance(including comparing him to a sex toy) but OP only took issue with mine, as he has been for months and months after I criticised Rowett’s football and he has been trying to make me rise to his comments. The mods obviously saw it that way because the OP’s comment was deleted. To suggest that he regrets someone was born is crossing the line. There’s a clear difference between describing how bad a player’s performance was and outright saying that he regrets someone had been born.

Oh gawd. Get over yourself. It was not a literal statement for christ's sake and doesn't warrant 20 whiny posts to me and other users. I'm not literally sat here wishing you'd never been born matey, indeed I'm completely indifferent. As others have pointed out, it was a reference to the terminology you used to slate Lawrence so stop being bleeting and move on. Nobody cares about our little spat, not even me.

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Oh gawd. Get over yourself. It was not a literal statement for christ's sake and doesn't warrant 20 whiny posts to me and other users. I'm not literally sat here wishing you'd never been born matey, indeed I'm completely indifferent. As others have pointed out, it was a reference to the terminology you used to slate Lawrence so stop being bleeting and move on. Nobody cares about our little spat, not even me.

Fair enough, I suggest that you take your own advice and think about making comments before being the first to criticise others about making the forum so called poisonous. It makes you sound very hypocritical 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

Which is what I stated yesterday and the OP inferred that he wished that I had never been born! Very odd, everyone is entitled to their opinion, no opinion is more worthy than another whether you agree with it or not. It doesn’t have to get personal with another user on a forum.

And this attitude is one of society’s biggest problems (not having a go at you personally about this, but it is the kind of statement that bugs me).  It simply cannot be the case that all opinions are of equal worth.  

In a football context, Frank Lampard’s opinion of Craig Forsyth (for example) has to be worth more than mine.  He is a professional manager with a massive amount of experience in football.  He is also informed by a team of coaches and trainers and so on and so forth.  His opinion on CG’s quality as a footballer has to be more informed and educated than mine as some bloke with a deep interest in the game stretching back 30 years but who tends to go on gut instinct and the qualities that I particularly like in a player.  My opinion however is probably of more value than someone who saw CG for the first time yesterday and decided he was good, bd or indifferent... opinions are not of equal value (this goes for more than footy, but i don’t want to get into this).  Having said that, an observer may prefer my opinion over Frank’s if it fits in with their own views.  

That said, the right to express and opinion whatever it is on a public forum is clearly open to everybody, as is the right of those who disagree to say so.  Nonetheless, if you regularly show yourself to be someone who’s opinion is based on faulty logic, bias or inaccurate assumptions then the value of that opinion is bound to be diminished in the eyes of others.  AGAIN, I AM NOT AIMING THIS AT YOU IN PARTICULAR !

This goes for those who are often overly enthusiastic as well as overly negative, those who are very strong in their views as well as those who are more flexible.

Equally, the worth I give one fan’s opinion will be different to the worth others give it.  I’m sure some hang on the every word of some posters who I have on ignore and vice versa.

So... in a nutshell, I disagree with this statement (but that’s just an opinion.... I’m not a sociologist or anthropologist or philosopher any other expert on society, so it could be a worthless one)

6 minutes ago, LazloW said:

And this attitude is one of society’s biggest problems (not having a go at you personally about this, but it is the kind of statement that bugs me).  It simply cannot be the case that all opinions are of equal worth.  

In a football context, Frank Lampard’s opinion of Craig Forsyth (for example) has to be worth more than mine.  He is a professional manager with a massive amount of experience in football.  He is also informed by a team of coaches and trainers and so on and so forth.  His opinion on CG’s quality as a football has to be more informed and educated than mine as a some bloke with a deep interest in the game stretching back 30 years but tends to go on gut instinct and the qualities that I particularly like in a player.  My opinion however is probably of more value than someone who saw CG for the first time yesterday and decided he was whatever he decided he was... opinions are not of equal value (this goes for more than footy, but i don’t want to get into this).

That said, the right to express and opinion whatever it is on a public forum is clearly open to everybody, as is the right of those who disagree to say so.  Nonetheless, if you regularly show yourself to be someone who’s opinion is based on faulty logic, bias or inaccurate assumptions then the value of that opinion is bound to be diminished in the eyes of others.  AGAIN, I AM NOT AIMING THIS AT YOU IN PARTICULAR !

This goes for those who are often overly enthusiastic as well as overly negative, those who are very strong in their views as well as those who are more flexible.

Equally, the worth I give one fan’s opinion will be different to the worth others give it.  I’m sure some hang on the every word of some posters who I have in ignore and vice versa.

So... in a nutshell, I disagree with this statement ?

I suppose when you put it like that. And you’re right about Lampard’s opinion being more valid than us on here but we can have our own views. It was more in reference to how everyone on this forum have their right to their own opinion. I think that Lawrence is generally a poor player, it doesn’t mean that I get offended if someone else thinks he’s the best player in the world because it’s their opinion. I’d rather people spoke honestly and stated their own views on here than in fear of stating their own views and getting heavily criticised by users on here(which has happened in the past)

35 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

So why did the Brum fans keep singing as they were at 3-1 down supporting their boys? Derby don't do that.

Quite so. But we have an entitlement to be entertained with championship winning football.

our expectations have been somewhat enhanced by the glory years which are still fresh in our minds despite the fact that it all started some 50 years ago, and was over before most of south stand were even swimming up the urethra. We have beaten the mighty Real Madrid and crushed Finn Harps 12 nil. We have watched the greats.

whereas poor brum. Well.....The best they've managed is annual runner up in the best team in birmingham competition.

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Quite so. But we have an entitlement to be entertained with championship winning football.

our expectations have been somewhat enhanced by the glory years which are still fresh in our minds despite the fact that it all started some 50 years ago, and was over before most of south stand were even swimming up the urethra. We have beaten the mighty Real Madrid and crushed Finn Harps 12 nil. We have watched the greats.

whereas poor brum. Well.....The best they've managed is annual runner up in the best team in birmingham competition.

Ouch! 

51 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

So why did the Brum fans keep singing as they were at 3-1 down supporting their boys? Derby don't do that.

Give over.. I have been to plenty of away games where we have been given a kicking and the fans still got behind us.

Read other clubs forums, same as ours.. Happy clappers and wristslashers in equal amounts. Go to other grounds and listen to the home fans.. People will moan about a miss placed pass, a team selection, a bad player.. 

We ain’t special, we’re just fans. Pessimistic or optimistic..

Perhaps you should follow Brum then, all roses over there apparently.. 

People pay their money, within reason, they can express whatever view they want.. It’s not a crime you know.

I was at the game yesterday, I personally did not hear any moaning. People were quite pragmatic about it.. Most if not all were praising Villa. 

49 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Give over.. I have been to plenty of away games where we have been given a kicking and the fans still got behind us.

Read other clubs forums, same as ours.. Happy clappers and wristslashers in equal amounts. Go to other grounds and listen to the home fans.. People will moan about a miss placed pass, a team selection, a bad player.. 

People pay their money, within reason, they can express whatever view they want.. It’s not a crime you know.

I was at the game yesterday, I personally did not hear any moaning. People were quite pragmatic about it.. Most if not all were praising Villa. 

I never heard the kind of verbal abuse anywhere else and I've sat in numerous other home ends. Suggesting I follow Brum instead is just a poor retort. Maybe you feel so moved by my comment because it carries weight and you're in denial?

1 hour ago, Angry Ram said:

However, we always get the worst refs, are the most unlucky team with injuries, have more boardroom upheavals than anyone else, have to deal with all the obscene anti-Derby bias in the media, never get the rub of the green, always have ex-players score against us, fixtures always are worst than rivals...

Oh to follow another team who don't have to deal with these problems!

2 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Firstly, did they? I'm certain I read on one their own forums someone moaning because in their opinion (here we go again) the fans gave up at 2:1.

Secondly, odd as it may be, it's because they were playing away from home. I bet they wouldn't have been singing still if they were 2 or 3 nil down at home. I'm surprised they weren't singing "we're gonna win 4:3" (perhaps they were) but I don't think you'd ever here home crowds sing such a song. You can't compare the home crowds with visiting fans especially when they travel in big numbers.

39 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

I never heard the kind of verbal abuse anywhere else and I've sat in numerous other home ends. Suggesting I follow Brum instead is just a poor retort. Maybe you feel so moved by my comment because it carries weight and you're in denial?

Yeah, yeah, yeah... 

37 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

Genuine question, why would/have you sat in the home end at other grounds on "numerous" occasions? I really can't understand why you would. I've done it maybe three times - twice (Arsenal and Barnsley) because I went as a guest of a supporter of those clubs and once to Villa (Derby tickets were sold out and I got away with it because of my Birmingham post code) but, I wouldn't do it on a regular basis. 

Archived