v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why do some doubt Thorne and  Butterfield and Wisdom so much. 

I don't doubt Thorne, just think calls for his return are based more on nostalgia and the player he was 4 years ago rather than the totally different injury-ravaged player he is today. Happy for Wisdom to challenge Bogle for the right back spot but can't see Butterfield getting back in the first team squad. Frank will prefer to give some of the youngsters a go I reckon.....

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Why do some doubt Thorne and  Butterfield and Wisdom so much. 

Thorne and Butterfield not good enough, or Frank would play them, a shame about Thorne but injury has made a massive impact on him, think he will never play at this level again. Wisdom also in the system we play struggles, but think he will be given another chance, as for Butterfield, wish he was still at Wednesday, he will never play for Derby again.

8 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Thorne and Butterfield not good enough, or Frank would play them, a shame about Thorne but injury has made a massive impact on him, think he will never play at this level again. Wisdom also in the system we play struggles, but think he will be given another chance, as for Butterfield, wish he was still at Wednesday, he will never play for Derby again.

That is so bad to be honest. 

What we do to players. 

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What do you mean? What have Derby done to players?

We pay them massive wages, at least 10x the average Derby fans wages.

Then if they're not deemed good enough, we go on paying their wages at the same level, while playing them in the u-23's.

You might expect we'd see the folly of such a policy, but alas not.

It's a form of modern slavery, imo.

17 hours ago, 86 points said:

So Frank's an idiot then, by your reckoning? I bet he knows the difference between 'you're' and 'your' though? Perhaps you could help him with his tactics and in return he could help you with your spelling.

Absolute class sir 

My team for this would be 

Carson

Keogh           Davies.      Tomori 

Bogle.             Huddlestone.        Malone 

Mount.                 Wilson 

Waghorn.         Marriott 

Personally think our frailities seem to be the wider areas of the pitch , bring 3 in at the back to spread the defence and make it more stable with the addition of Davies , take some of the pressure off the full back areas aswell and allow Malone and Bogle to play as wing backs . Also get someone in and around Marriott he looked isolated on Saturday , Waghorns strength and hold up play should be a good foil for Marriott . 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

My team for this would be 

Carson

Keogh           Davies.      Tomori 

Bogle.             Huddlestone.        Malone 

Mount.                 Wilson 

Waghorn.         Marriott 

Personally think our frailities seem to be the wider areas of the pitch , bring 3 in at the back to spread the defence and make it more stable with the addition of Davies , take some of the pressure off the full back areas aswell and allow Malone and Bogle to play as wing backs . Also get someone in and around Marriott he looked isolated on Saturday , Waghorns strength and hold up play should be a good foil for Marriott . 

I doubt Waghorn will be fit with a hamstring injury. 

The fickle nature of football fans... a month ago Bogle was the next big thing, a superstar in the making and one of our own who we could be proud of.  Now he isn’t good enough.

They used to say that form is temporary but class is permanent.  That has gone out of the window; you are literally only as good as your last game.  FWIW I think Bogle is ‘good enough’ but I also think that his early season form has deserted him (or teams have woken to his existence) and perhaps a rest would do him good.  Luckily we have a pretty good right back in reserve.  

4 minutes ago, LazloW said:

The fickle nature of football fans... a month ago Bogle was the next big thing, a superstar in the making and one of our own who we could be proud of.  Now he isn’t good enough.

They used to say that form is temporary but class is permanent.  That has gone out of the window; you are literally only as good as your last game.  FWIW I think Bogle is ‘good enough’ but I also think that his early season form has deserted him (or teams have woken to his existence) and perhaps a rest would do him good.  Luckily we have a pretty good right back in reserve.  

people forget to realise that he is just 18. He isn't anywhere near the finished article. This season will teach him so much and will benefit both him and the club in the long term. I've said it before, there is no point in playing him in games he will find easy, he wont learn anything there. He needs to be taught a lesson every now and again so he will be able to deal with it in the future. No better lesson in this division than Bolasie IMO.

The international break has come at a good time for us once again. On the final whistle against Villa we were possibly down to only 13 fit first team players (assuming Pearce, Thorne, Butterfield and Anya are all out of the picture).

Evans, Ledley, Bryson, Mount, Waghorn all confirmed as out. Bennett and Forsyth came off injured. According to some Carson, Tomori, Huddlestone and Holmes were all struggling with knocks/slight injuries too.

Leaving us with: Roos, Wisdom, Bogle, Keogh, Davies, Malone, Johnson, Wilson, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Marriott, Nugent.

On 11/11/2018 at 13:39, 86 points said:

So Frank's an idiot then, by your reckoning? I bet he knows the difference between 'you're' and 'your' though? Perhaps you could help him with his tactics and in return he could help you with your spelling.

I normally put a lot of store by your posts but sadly you just take far too much for granted  and make too many assumptions with this one ,,, how do you know franks spelling is not terrible ffs? Tut tut tut 

4 hours ago, Archied said:

I normally put a lot of store by your posts but sadly you just take far too much for granted  and make too many assumptions with this one ,,, how do you know franks spelling is not terrible ffs? Tut tut tut 

I thought he had 10 GCSE’s including an A in English language. 

Archived