v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

Also would just end on saying Tomori should have been sent off. The ref bottled it. That lad looked terrible and great management from Lampard to take him off at half time. Was having a stinker and was very lucky to be on the pitch. Shocking tackle, I was right in front of it. 

The referee was poor for both sides imo.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SWFC_FAN said:

Also would just end on saying Tomori should have been sent off. The ref bottled it. That lad looked terrible and great management from Lampard to take him off at half time. Was having a stinker and was very lucky to be on the pitch. Shocking tackle, I was right in front of it. 

Which tackle was a red?!

19 minutes ago, SWFC_FAN said:

By all accounts you were unlucky not to get something. Another day you would.

You will no doubt get a win or a draw totally against the run of play, probably are pride park ?

Its probably more frustrating when you are on a bad run anyway as defeats like this can knock confidence.

Sure you will be ok, dont think you will get dragged into the relegation scrap.

2 hours ago, Richard246 said:

Sheffield created so many chances in the second half Davies is off the pace and Huddlestone had a very poor game.

But we got the win which is most important.

That hudz dummy via the over head chip, the drive into their half and the incredible shot alone would exclude a poor game assessment.  Apart from that I thought he had a major influence on the game.  Strange how 2 ppl watching the same game could have such different views

2 minutes ago, SWFC_FAN said:

He came steaming into Tom Lees, in our own half. God knows what he was doing that far up the pitch. Was already on a yellow. Lucky boy. 

Obviously there's going to be bias from either side but if one of your players got sent off for a coming together you'd be disappointed. For a big lad he didn't half make the most of it, same with your players running from all over the pitch to try get Fiko sent off. That alone is probably karma! 

12 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Obviously there's going to be bias from either side but if one of your players got sent off for a coming together you'd be disappointed. For a big lad he didn't half make the most of it, same with your players running from all over the pitch to try get Fiko sent off. That alone is probably karma! 

You lot were very good at that. We don't do it often enough. Clearly something Lampard has drilled into them. Not a bad thing for me, put pressure on the referee and get in his face, all the top clubs do it. Something Lampard has probably learnt during his career.

18 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

By all accounts you were unlucky not to get something. Another day you would.

You will no doubt get a win or a draw totally against the run of play, probably are pride park ?

Its probably more frustrating when you are on a bad run anyway as defeats like this can knock confidence.

Sure you will be ok, dont think you will get dragged into the relegation scrap.

It's a tough one, the club has been terribly mismanaged and we are suffering now. A team low on confidence, a poor defence without the funds to improve it and a manager as charismatic as a sloth. I think we'll stay up but that's only because we have a few individuals who are way too good to be playing for a relegation side. But you never know, something has to change quick. 

24 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

So Mount was rusty but Wisdom who’s been out of the side much longer was terrible and there was no reason at all for it.

Bit of double standards going on?

Mount was nowhere near as bad as wisdom. Mount had an 88% pass success playing as the most advanced centre mid, wisdom had 57 playing in defence. He was lazy and didn’t concentrate. 

3 hours ago, eddie said:

Stoke at home when Charlie got injured was the moment it all started to unravel. The semi-final defeat and the sacking of Mackay the following season were symptoms.

Obviously the Stoke game was a factor because of Charlie, but we'd have recovered from it if we hadn't still been in the cup. The devastation of Hillsborough was the defining moment. Losing there was what broke the team. 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

Obviously the Stoke game was a factor because of Charlie, but we'd have recovered from it if we hadn't still been in the cup. The devastation of Hillsborough was the defining moment. Losing there was what broke the team. 

Every time I walk into that dump it reminds me of that day! 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

Every time I walk into that dump it reminds me of that day! 

Shared a season ticket with my bro (whose turn it was for the Stoke game). I was already thinking about parallel universes so complained bitterly we'd never have lost if I'd gone. Our old man couldn't afford semifinal tickets for both of us, so neither got to go, meaning I doubled down on the theory that defeat was his fault for not taking me. I was clearly a horrible child. 

But whenever I've been to Hillsborough since, or  just whenever we play there, I think of that day. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Shared a season ticket with my bro (whose turn it was for the Stoke game). I was already thinking about parallel universes so complained bitterly we'd never have lost if I'd gone. Our old man couldn't afford semifinal tickets for both of us, so neither got to go, meaning I doubled down on the theory that defeat was his fault for not taking me. I was clearly a horrible child. 

But whenever I've been to Hillsborough since, or  just whenever we play there, I think of that day. 

It doesn't help that the away end doesn't seem to have been updated since the 70s. 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

So Mount was rusty but Wisdom who’s been out of the side much longer was terrible and there was no reason at all for it.

Bit of double standards going on?

Wisdom was poor at the beginning of the season, which was why he was dropped. His ball distribution has never been good, which was why I was disappointed when we signed him permanently, but he used to be a solid defender. In fact, he used to be an outstanding defender, but let himself down by poor distribution. If we could get the defensive performances back and get him to play the simple ball, he would be a great asset.

I’ve been mulling over Wisdom whilst at work today.

My first reaction watching yesterday was that he had committed numerous crimes against football but obviously that’s ridiculous.

Rusty,unfit hasn’t worked hard enough?I don’t know.

He was certainly overloaded,quite often 2 on 1 and occasionally 3 on 1.

I’ll certainly give him credit that he stuck at it and didn’t cave in completely.

I was less impressed that Forestieri who has been out for 3 months injured looked a lot fitter.

Anyway,whatever the reason,I’m not going to go all Cyrus Christie on him and will back him to learn from it and go again.

I think we’re going to need him.

Come on Andre.

46 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve been mulling over Wisdom whilst at work today.

My first reaction watching yesterday was that he had committed numerous crimes against football but obviously that’s ridiculous.

Rusty,unfit hasn’t worked hard enough?I don’t know.

He was certainly overloaded,quite often 2 on 1 and occasionally 3 on 1.

I’ll certainly give him credit that he stuck at it and didn’t cave in completely.

I was less impressed that Forestieri who has been out for 3 months injured looked a lot fitter.

Anyway,whatever the reason,I’m not going to go all Cyrus Christie on him and will back him to learn from it and go again.

I think we’re going to need him.

Come on Andre.

Funny you should mention Christie, was sat wondering the other day how he would really suit our current system. 

Archived