v Sheffield Wednesday (A) Match Thread

Comrade 86

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Key clubber said:

Poor lad ? He’s hasn’t played because he’s been poor , he’s got to grasp the chance

Oh come on man, get a grip. 

given game time we saw Fozzie  getting back to his game but it took 2/3 games. You simply can’t go from the training ground to your first start and be on point .. the game just isn’t like that and neither is match fitness. I am sure he was rusty and made errors .. bound to. He isn’t as dynamic as Bogle but he has a lot of strength and can time a tackle when fully match fit. This is a squad game. 

3 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Talking to a Wednesday fan this morning and he said a draw would be a good result for them. It would be interesting to see what he thinks now.

I’d imagine he’d be disappointed not to get that draw. They had chances to equalise but will forget the chances we should of put away on the break 

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Oh come on man, get a grip. 

given game time we saw Fozzie  getting back to his game but it took 2/3 games. You simply can’t go from the training ground to your first start and be on point .. the game just isn’t like that and neither is match fitness. I am sure he was rusty and made errors .. bound to. He isn’t as dynamic as Bogle but he has a lot of strength and can time a tackle when fully match fit. This is a squad game. 

I agree with that point, but some of his almost game changing mistakes were pretty much schoolboy stuff 

9 minutes ago, hope60 said:

Can I ask you all, would you have been happier with a draw against Villa and a draw today at Hillsboro. (2 points)

No, take the three points out of six anytime.

Anyone can beat anyone in this league. Its no disgrace to lose to anyone and by the same token we can beat anyone.

Anyone?

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

If only we had on that spring afternoon all those years ago.

What, to then be embarrassed by plucky second division Southampton in the Final?  I've never enjoyed a game that didn't include DCFC, as much as I did for the '76 final!   :-)

My player ratings if anyone’s interested..

Carson 6- Better distribution but had surprisingly little to do as fortunately Wednesday couldn’t shoot, needs to sometimes communicate better I feel though?

Wisdom 3- I cant be arsed with him like he couldn’t be arsed today. Sell, new rb in January and slowly blood bogle in

Tomori 5- Couple of important tackles, but almost got sent off and couldn’t read the game at all in the air as per usual, got completely done by almost every ball bannan played. Supremely talented on the floor mind, move to RB for me.

Keogh 6- Every bit as poor as Tomori early on, but when Davies came on he grew into the game

Malone 7- best of a poor defence, one of the only players awake for the first 20 mins and he started a lot of attacks down his side. Gangly as duck and needs to learn when he needs to defend as well as how to stop a cross, but at least he tried

Huddlestone 7- Quiet and struggled to get involved mainly but assured after the nightmare start... gets a bonus mark for an astounding individual move, quite simply one of the best bits of technique I’ve seen

Mount 7- One of the only players who properly looked after the ball, nothing incredible but tidy which is more than can be said for some

Holmes 5- Weird one, think he has massive potential but it’s just in what role.. don’t think him and mount can play together certainly as both end up too advanced. Was too weak today and didn’t win possession enough which is key to our system, but the way he glides round the pitch gives me hope

Josefzoon 6- Great play for both goals, but very inconsistent elsewhere and too weak in challenges

Wilson 6- Good goal and linked up ok but nothing really to shout home about, similar to josefzoon, too weak and lost possession a lot

Marriott 8 mom- What a player, constant energy, brilliant finish and his all round play for a player of his size is immense. 

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

At the time I thought Carson was megged, but watching the highlights I think it went to the side of him. It wasn't in the corner - he should have done better IMO.

Watching it back on tv, reluctantly I thought Carson went to ground too tight. A mistake. But I wouldn’t swap Scott Carson for any championship keeper and I couldn’t believe a post last game asking whether we should ‘upgrade ‘

he’s in a long line of fantastic goalkeepers and has secured 3 Pts many a game!!!

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Carson 6- Better distribution but had surprisingly little to do as fortunately Wednesday couldn’t shoot, needs to sometimes communicate better I feel though?

Wisdom 3- I cant be arsed with him like he couldn’t be arsed today. Sell, new rb in January and slowly blood bogle in

Tomori 5- Couple of important tackles, but almost got sent off and couldn’t read the game at all in the air as per usual, got completely done by almost every ball bannan played. Supremely talented on the floor mind, move to RB for me.

Keogh 6- Every bit as poor as Tomori early on, but when Davies came on he grew into the game

Malone 7- best of a poor defence, one of the only players awake for the first 20 mins and he started a lot of attacks down his side. Gangly as duck and needs to learn when he needs to defend as well as how to stop a cross, but at least he tried

Huddlestone 7- Quiet and struggled to get involved mainly but assured after the nightmare start... gets a bonus mark for an astounding individual move, quite simply one of the best bits of technique I’ve seen

Mount 7- One of the only players who properly looked after the ball, nothing incredible but tidy which is more than can be said for some

Holmes 5- Weird one, think he has massive potential but it’s just in what role.. don’t think him and mount can play together certainly as both end up too advanced. Was too weak today and didn’t win possession enough which is key to our system, but the way he glides round the pitch gives me hope

Josefzoon 6- Great play for both goals, but very inconsistent elsewhere and too weak in challenges

Wilson 6- Good goal and linked up ok but nothing really to shout home about, similar to josefzoon, too weak and lost possession a lot

Marriott 8 mom- What a player, constant energy, brilliant finish and his all round play for a player of his size is immense. 

Cheers Millenniumram.....I wasnt there today....always nice to see someone give player ratings

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

A fair assessment,

8 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

From my point of view it just makes you look fickle and silly.

Lampard wants us to be an attacking team and picks the team accordingly.

If he started BJ I imagine you would be moaning about his passing and lack of goals.

not fickle, becuase we won due of the quality of Wilson and Marriott not becuase of the midfield. I would still have played Johnson even though we won we were pretty poor in midfield ,Jozefoon created the goals , without Holmes I am sure we would have had enough creativity anyway. maybe Holmes should play a game on the wing as he came on against Hull in the cup and got two assists as a left winger.  Also Johnson has played well in most games so far this season , he has been nowhere near as poor as what he was like last season.

Archived