Sod today and move on. Hillsborough here we come

North East Ram

It happened. We lost. It’s one game. We’ve come back from other defeats this season and actually got better.

Lets have a week or two off, freshen up, meet up in Sheffield, get behind the lads and see us back to winning ways. 

Folk can depress themselves into oblivion; that’s their choice. But I’ve seen enough this season to be happy with our progress and be optimistic about things to come. 

Certain elements about last season really cheesed me off (mainly Rowett), even when we were right up the table. But it’s clear to see we’re heading in the right direction regardless of the odd bump in the road. 

My advice is to enjoy yer quaff and scoff tonight, forget about today and raid the piggy back for a trip to Hillsborough. See you there.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

It happened. We lost. It’s one game. We’ve come back from other defeats this season and actually got better.

Lets have a week or two off, freshen up, meet up in Sheffield, get behind the lads and see us back to winning ways. 

Folk can depress themselves into oblivion; that’s their choice. But I’ve seen enough this season to be happy with our progress and be optimistic about things to come. 

Certain elements about last season really cheesed me off (mainly Rowett), even when we were right up the table. But it’s clear to see we’re heading in the right direction regardless of the odd bump in the road. 

My advice is to enjoy yer quaff and scoff tonight, forget about today and raid the piggy back for a trip to Hillsborough. See you there.

This would be the perfect start to the next match thread!

12 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

You forgot to add "well what do you guys think" 

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Spot on. I keep thinking of the first 25 minutes vs Boro. That spell is the best championship football I’ve seen for years!

We shouldn’t forget about today. We will only get better if we learn from our mistakes and not ignore them. We made enough today to learn loads from. It may not be popular but Bogle has been poo for a month now. Flojos inclusion was a terrible decision and played that way too. I doubt for a second, Frank is so stupid to forget about today and just move on 

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

We shouldn’t forget about today. We will only get better if we learn from our mistakes and not ignore them. We made enough today to learn loads from. It may not be popular but Bogle has been poo for a month now. Flojos inclusion was a terrible decision and played that way too. I doubt for a second, Frank is so stupid to forget about today and just move on 

Have to agree about Bogle. He can’t defend 1 v 1 situations and his crossing is very poor. Would be a position I’d be looking to improve upon in January.

27 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Bogle has been dire for the last month now , he clearly has potential but he seriously needs to improve defensively as he defended like an under 16s full back today. Maybe he could be given ago on the wing as he has good attacking ability. Flo jo was poor, but he wasn't helped by a completely dysfunctional team. He is a good player he just looks a bit low on confidence at the moment, and lacks the defensive ability for games when we are playing badly. 

Hopefully get a clean sheet, lack of clean sheets this season is the most concerning so far. Every manager will encourage their wingers to get at our full backs, for this reason wisdom should come back in. I have no idea what we do with our left side, it's extremely weak if Forsyth is out for the season.

7 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

We have already said “it’s a bad result today, let’s just forget it and move on” too many times this season. 

Rubbish today and we won’t get promoted ever if we have the ability to put in a performance like that again. 

Of course Mike, we’ll ‘never ever get pronoted’ If we get outplayed.

Billy’s victorious team got outplayed numerous times throughout the promotion season. Including at Wembley. 

18 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Of course Mike, we’ll ‘never ever get pronoted’ If we get outplayed.

Billy’s victorious team got outplayed numerous times throughout the promotion season. Including at Wembley. 

The big big difference was that we might have got outplayed on several occasions under King Billy in these games we walked away with a 1-0 win....which is exactly how you DO get promoted. 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The big big difference was that we might have got outplayed on several occasions under King Billy in these games we walked away with a 1-0 win....which is exactly how you DO get promoted. 

They weren’t always 1-0 wins, as you know. Colchester, Brum, Sunderland, Palace, Stoke, Ipswich etc. Soton! I loved that season but we shithoused our way up. Which was really satisfying.

But what happened next?

Archived