George Thorne-No longer the player he was

BatRam

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the way our injuries are multiplying of late,now's the perfect time to get George back into the squad and up to speed....whether or not he will reach his best form is debatable but even at three quarters he is still better than most.

He potentially fit like a glove into lampards system and his opportunity to show this to him may be imminent.

On 15/11/2018 at 09:17, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

With the way our injuries are multiplying of late,now's the perfect time to get George back into the squad and up to speed....whether or not he will reach his best form is debatable but even at three quarters he is still better than most.

He potentially fit like a glove into lampards system and his opportunity to show this to him may be imminent.

None of the injuries are in his position though

1 hour ago, deano180 said:

Evans now returning, if he was going to get an opportunity it would of been when he was injured.

He looked seriously promising to me, from admittedly limited evidence. Whether he can displace any of the incumbents is open to debate, but he's an option with a deal of potential. As you've pointed out, he will be another barrier to George Thorne's return. It's really sad for George, a player for whom I've any amount of time, but I just can't see him getting a game at Derby right now, though I'd dearly love him to prove me wrong. A potentially stellar career, blighted by injury and bad luck ?

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

He looked seriously promising to me, from admittedly limited evidence. Whether he can displace any of the incumbents is open to debate, but he's an option with a deal of potential. As you've pointed out, he will be another barrier to George Thorne's return. It's really sad for George, a player for whom I've any amount of time, but I just can't see him getting a game at Derby right now, though I'd dearly love him to prove me wrong. A potentially stellar career, blighted by injury and bad luck ?

It really is rough .. he would fit Tom Huddlestone role perfectly. George now with 13/14 form = Frank Lampard at Chelsea. The last 3 years in injuries and woes are the golden years where he would have developed to be a truely dominant midfielder. It’s not over yet but it just feels like it won’t happen for him at Derby. Desperately sad 

Archived