Watching Black and White

FindernRam

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't this a pub talk thread?

To wade in though, my great grandmother in Long Eaton still has a black and white TV and still uses an outside toilet in the yard! Her whole house is like a time capsule, even the microwave was made in the '80s and there are decorative plates she put up for the 1977 Silver Jubilee still on the walls.

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

BBC reported over 7000 people watched only Black and White footy, thought for a moment they meant Rams fans, but apparently its old tellies.

Anyone here watch the Rams in B&W? Bet away strips look bad!

@eddie used to watch us on one of these 

D44F6BD4-FAD9-4E44-93C7-F20E6E356080.jpeg

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

When I was a kid we had the only b&w BBC only tv in the street ,all the neighbours used to come round and watch it .The only reason we could afford one was we lived with my grandparents and had two mens wages coming in

Was that legal back then?

My mum’s tv in her bedroom was black and white. I remember watching Cagney and Lacey on it (after we’d twiddled the knob enough to find ITV).

When my parents got me my first ‘games console’ they gave me a black and white tv to play it on. The ‘console’ was an acorn electron. 

All this would be fairly normal if I was talking about the 70s, but I’m talking about the mid 90s. All my mates were getting SNESs, I got a freaking black and white electron with the games on tape, that you could buy for £2 at the guildhall. 

And the tv didn’t come with an arial. I remember the night basic instinct was in tele and everyone at school was talking about how they were going to watch it. I spent the whole night trying to rig a clothes hangar into an arial. I think I caught a glimpse of Sharon stone’s muff through a blizzard. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

My mum’s tv in her bedroom was black and white. I remember watching Cagney and Lacey on it (after we’d twiddled the knob enough to find ITV).

When my parents got me my first ‘games console’ they gave me a black and white tv to play it on. The ‘console’ was an acorn electron. 

All this would be fairly normal if I was talking about the 70s, but I’m talking about the mid 90s. All my mates were getting SNESs, I got a freaking black and white electron with the games on tape, that you could buy for £2 at the guildhall. 

And the tv didn’t come with an arial. I remember the night basic instinct was in tele and everyone at school was talking about how they were going to watch it. I spent the whole night trying to rig a clothes hangar into an arial. I think I caught a glimpse of Sharon stone’s muff through a blizzard. 

When i was younger i did lots of knob twiddling but it wasn't itv i was tuned into.

Archived