Lampard nominated for manager of the month

David

21 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Just looks and feels like we've got some serious momentum now. The togetherness and belief of the players and fans not been like this since Lambert circa-2011.... 

But point taken.... a serious injury to Teemu Pukki would probably be enough to duck it up for us, in fairness #deadly 

Despite us seemingly rediscovering circa-2015 Jordan Rhodes! 

We made Villa look crap a few weeks ago by the way, and that was with Pukki out injured.... Rhodes brace, 2-1 win, Villa scored with their only shot on target.. 

We had this lad on trial when he was 19 and decided he wasn't good enough .  Reckon were alright with Marriott.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/11/2018 at 18:08, 86 points said:

FTFY

Well you'd be steaming drunk at 11pm if your team scored a last minute of extra time winner to take you top of the league in a one in a decade game, wouldn't you?

Then again maybe not with a Derby fan, you never seem to have any belief that you can actually get promoted and that actually may be a large part of the reason why you haven't, never quite get the 12th man fully on board. 

On 11/11/2018 at 21:10, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We had this lad on trial when he was 19 and decided he wasn't good enough .  Reckon were alright with Marriott.

What is that even supposed to mean in a world where Jamie Vardy got released by Sheffield Wednesday, Ruud Gullit got turned down on trial at Ipswich at 19, and Roy Keane was turned down by Brighton for being too small.

Carlisle United reject Grant Holt did alright for us ?

In Gee Screamer logic Jack Marriott is just an Ipswich reject, just like Jordan Rhodes. 

But I hope Jack Marriott does splendidly in his career, I always found it hilarious that Rhodes was banging in 20+ every season after Roy Keane sold him for £250k, whilst we had Ipswich reject Ryan Bennett in our side in the Premier League, so if Marriott can do the same that suits me just fine matey. 

6 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Well you'd be steaming drunk at 11pm if your team scored a last minute of extra time winner to take you top of the league in a one in a decade game, wouldn't you?

Probably, but then I'd be out celebrating not blathering on another team's fan's forum. Just saying...

9 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

What is that even supposed to mean in a world where Jamie Vardy got released by Sheffield Wednesday, Ruud Gullit got turned down on trial at Ipswich at 19, and Roy Keane was turned down by Brighton for being too small.

Carlisle United reject Grant Holt did alright for us ?

In Gee Screamer logic Jack Marriott is just an Ipswich reject, just like Jordan Rhodes. 

But I hope Jack Marriott does splendidly in his career, I always found it hilarious that Rhodes was banging in 20+ every season after Roy Keane sold him for £250k, whilst we had Ipswich reject Ryan Bennett in our side in the Premier League, so if Marriott can do the same that suits me just fine matey. 

It means we had him on trial and decided he wasn't good enough

9 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

You'd still be out at 11.30pm after starting at 1pm? Well then sir, I feel very sorry for your liver. 

That's pretty regular up here.  I went out on a mate's 21st birthday at 11am to do the mile in Derby- can vaguely remember being in The Greyhound pub on Ashbourne Road early evening .  I woke up to luv shack by the B-52'S at someone's wedding in Dovedale just after midnight, having been brought there by a girl I couldn't recall meeting. It was great fun getting home .

As Brett Anderson from Suede once said ' people in Derby gave us our best ever gig- there totally crazy'. Long may it continue.

Archived