Lampard nominated for manager of the month

Day

3 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s decided by a committee,

”The judging panel comprises former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, Sky Sports’ EFL League expert Don Goodman; EFL Marketing Director Drew Barrand, League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/november/championship-manager-of-the-month-october-nominations/

Wrong!

According to the link gleaned from David's OP, it actually says "”The judging panel comprises former Derby County manager George Burley..."   Ha ha!  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, David said:

Should have gone to Frank, can we challenge the decision?

I love all of the Derby symmetry around this award...George Burley {former Ram} awards it to Mac {former Ram} with Eustace {former Ram}; Lamps {current Ram} and manager of the only team to score against QPR this month just missed out. It’s full of surplus meaning and symbolism don’t you think like a Hans Holbein painting? 

DE4BEC7D-B069-490A-A2F5-A48CF7744854.jpeg

22 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

It’s decided by a committee,

”The judging panel comprises former Ipswich Town manager George Burley, Sky Sports’ EFL League expert Don Goodman; EFL Marketing Director Drew Barrand, League Managers’ Association Director Olaf Dixon and Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford.”

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/november/championship-manager-of-the-month-october-nominations/

Psst.  Wanna win MOM you say? No praablem. 100 Sovs and i’ll make it appen. Who am l?  I’m only Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford ain’t l.  Leave it with me Mac, jobs a goodun.

4 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Psst.  Wanna win MOM you say? No praablem. 100 Sovs and i’ll make it appen. Who am l?  I’m only Sky Bet EFL Trader Mikey Mumford ain’t l.  Leave it with me Mac, jobs a goodun.

Wasn’t he a character out of Only Fools and Horses? ?

22 hours ago, angieram said:

I've given up on curses and superstitions now we have Morris, Lampard and Morris as our dream team. I just believe!

I’ve only just noticed that Mel and Jodie have the same surname. I hope Jodie doesn’t get accused of only getting the job through nepotism. He’d be able to talk to frank about that though. 

59 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I was more interested in the marketing director. Beasically he’ll vote for whoever has the most sellable story, or looks best in the promotional material. 

Just now, Smyth_18 said:

Why did we ever sack Steve McClaren? 

I don't know but since Lampard arrived is the first time I've stopped looking back at those particular decisions.

I'm pleased he's doing well (so long as we're doing slightly better!)

Archived