Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

Strange that Chelsea used Ampadu as their model for the away kit alongside Kante and Azpi. The club obviously thought he would be key to them this season, but Lampard's pushing him out the door. I do think it will help him in the long term. 

It's also good that one of his rare starts for them equated to a MOTM performance in a hammering of Forest. If he signs for us that would be nice to replicate. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never understand the reasoning people give about not getting loans in. If our own youth were good enough, they will force their way in, just like Bogle. Loans can be the difference between staying in the champ and getting promoted. 

34 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Think you're overselling that a little bit. What has he shown to be linked with Milan or Dortmund? We signed Wilson who was a full international player for the same country on loan last season. He's definitely a good prospect, potentially could be going to a Premier League club on loan, but it feels incredibly unlikely a club like Dortmund would go in for him, because if he is good enough for them, he's good enough for Chelsea. Mount is regarded a good prospect at Chelsea too, and we got him on loan.

I don't think I am over selling it.

Chelsea as a club talk about Ampadu as being the future Chelsea captain.

Sarri was more than happy to let Mount and Tomori leave on loan, yet he wanted to keep Ampadu around and play him, because they clearly felt he was ready and ahead of Mount...whether Lamps thinks the same is a different issue.

Dortmund were interested in paying crazy money for Hudson Odoi, they also had Santos so I thought of them as they clearly keep an eye on British players.

AC Milan I did just pluck out my bum, but they aren't the big European power house they used to be so a team of that level is possible.

Time will tell, but id be very surprised, pleasantly, if he plays for Derby next season.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I’m going to need a link for that. Unless “as a club” means fans because that’s different. We had fans saying Callum Ball will play for England.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I’m going to need a link for that. Unless “as a club” means fans because that’s different. We had fans saying Callum Ball will play for England.

I saw something on Twitter yesterday that appeared to be from an official Chelsea page that said "future Chelsea captain", it seemed to be when he signed a contract extension...as it's Twitter it may well have been offfficial. 

There are a few easy to find news articles and fan articles that talks about him having what it takes to be a future England captain.

Let's be honest though, anyone saying Callum Ball will one day play for England must have been an idiot ?‍♂️

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I saw something on Twitter yesterday that appeared to be from an official Chelsea page that said "future Chelsea captain", it seemed to be when he signed a contract extension...as it's Twitter it may well have been offfficial. 

There are a few easy to find news articles and fan articles that talks about him having what it takes to be a future England captain.

Let's be honest though, anyone saying Callum Ball will one day play for England must have been an idiot ?‍♂️

'future England captain'? Plays for Wales

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Please find me these. Take your time, no rush.

48 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Dortmund were interested in paying crazy money for Hudson Odoi,

Do you mean Bayern?

Sarri was more than happy to let Mount and Tomori leave on loan, yet he wanted to keep Ampadu around and play him, because they clearly felt he was ready and ahead of Mount.

Yet didn't play him.

Who from Chelsea said that?

15 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I’d rather have permanent Derby players playing for the club/badge and their career with Derby County football club. Not trying to get back in favour with their parent club or looking for the next big move.

This is just my opinion but we are not a shop window, we are Derby County and players should commit to us. Unfortunately this is modern football and all that’s gone I guess.

Like blackman, butterfield, anya, johnson, camara, and so on? Yeah they were well worth all the money spent on transfer fees and wages. Buying players for large sums, and then having them not even make the bench for 2 years is a great way to build. None of the players we actually spent big money on recently are anywhere near Wilson, Mount and Tomori. Yes they are gone now, but that leaves space for new players or new loans to come in, cause let’s be fair. Our track record of permanent signings is pretty dire over the last few years.

Archived