Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

385571E9-1E30-460B-BDA2-ACC7A6C9D97A.gif

That’s a bit of a odd gif for that post to be honest. The others I get, that one not so much 

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Loans are the way out of the Championship ,buying a  player good enough for the Prem costs too much ,come down and you're stuck with a high wage bill .With loans you have the opportunity to plan afresh to a certain degree if you make it up.

Just remember they aren't yours and don't get too upset when they go .We nearly made it last year on a loan strategy .

But we didn’t and now they are gone leaving a big gaping hole. A risky strategy blocking our own kids development  in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

The point of any good loan though is to get a player that would usually be beyond a permanent transfer... Mount, for example, last season was both: a luxury in terms of quality, and way beyond our reach as a permanent Derby player.

On top of that, you can avoid having an excess of deadwood if you do go up because buying a player that is promotion-quality in the Championship isn't necessarily a player that is Prem-quality.

If you were given the choice at this point a year ago, knowing what you do now, would you rather have Josefzoon on a permanent or Wilson on loan for a season?

And we are on the same league no further forward, in fact gone backwards as they have left a huge gap. Short term strategy that didn’t work and we are going down the same path. Let our youth have a chance, 2-3 years developing them not bringing in future stars out of our reach for a season of experience for them. 

3 hours ago, Bosshogg said:

I don’t feel we were used by Tomori or Mount? Tomori was player of the season! Spoke fondly about the club and sounds like if he goes out on loan at our level would come back. 

Its not that easy to go out and buy those type of players especially as every time we do we seem to end up paying way over the odds. We have ended up signing loans permanently in the past as well. If Tomori was available in our price range I’m sure Mel would go out and buy him. As he isn’t a loan is our best chance of getting someone of that ilk. I’d rather have those type of players playing for us than against us! 

A balance is needed yes, but to look at all loans like that is quite short sighted in my opinion. 

I’d rather have permanent Derby players playing for the club/badge and their career with Derby County football club. Not trying to get back in favour with their parent club or looking for the next big move.

This is just my opinion but we are not a shop window, we are Derby County and players should commit to us. Unfortunately this is modern football and all that’s gone I guess.

27 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’d rather have permanent Derby players playing for the club/badge and their career with Derby County football club. Not trying to get back in favour with their parent club or looking for the next big move.

This is just my opinion but we are not a shop window, we are Derby County and players should commit to us. Unfortunately this is modern football and all that’s gone I guess.

I agree to some extent but the likelihood of getting enough players through our youth system of the quality needed to get promoted (which I believe is the aim) and in the number needed is slim. 

Balance is needed. If a loan improves the team then do it but if we have someone who is of similar ability or has the potential then use them. 

Main thing we don’t want to be doing is blowing millions on players who are in a purple patch or buying average players for top, top money again. 

I really think those on loan last season at least loved it here not because of any other reasons than it was a good place to be last season. Hopefully this season will be just as memorable but with as our new loan signing put it. Consistency. 

COYR

41 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Signing permanents with the same quality as Mount, Tomori and Wilson would cost over £50 mil mate. Give them 4 year deals and that’s positions blocked off to our academy players.

If we think Knight, Sibley and Bird need a year or two then we sign a loan for a year and re-assess after the season where our players are, whilst giving them some opportunities in cup games etc.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Permanent players don't play for the badge anymore than loan players do. Tell me Tomori didn't care about us or didn't play for the badge. So what, we're Derby County, that doesn't make us anything special. If we want top loan players, then we have to suck it up and accept what comes with it, we don't get to sign the quality of Mount permanent, but we do get to loan them.  With FFP and with top clubs signing the talent, loans are the best we'll get.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Permanent players don't play for the badge anymore than loan players do. Tell me Tomori didn't care about us or didn't play for the badge.

Arguably, a loan player like Mount or Tomori, playing to stake a claim at his parent club, has more motivation to play well than a signed player on a long comfy contract...

36 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Arguably, a loan player like Mount or Tomori, playing to stake a claim at his parent club, has more motivation to play well than a signed player on a long comfy contract...

You were thinking of Butterfield when you wrote this weren't you ?

12 hours ago, TexasRam said:

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Permanent players don't play for the badge anymore than loan players do. Tell me Tomori didn't care about us or didn't play for the badge. So what, we're Derby County, that doesn't make us anything special. If we want top loan players, then we have to suck it up and accept what comes with it, we don't get to sign the quality of Mount permanent, but we do get to loan them.  With FFP and with top clubs signing the talent, loans are the best we'll get.

44 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Whose desire to play for Derby would you rather have? Tomori's or Anya's? Mount's or Butterfield's? 

3 minutes ago, MarchesRam said:

f5 GIF

Me, frantically refreshing the interwebs to see if we are landing Ethan....

I wouldn't get too excited, we signed Tomori as a relatively unknown player, Ethan Ampadu is regarded as one of Chelseas biggest prospects, he could quite easily go on loan to a big foreign team, AC Milan, Dortmund etc...this isn't a youth kid needing experience, this is a full international player simply going on loan due to the sheer number of players on Chelseas books.

He is on a par if not higher than Hudson Odoi was last season when we thought we had a chance of signing him on loan.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I wouldn't get too excited, we signed Tomori as a relatively unknown player, Ethan Ampadu is regarded as one of Chelseas biggest prospects, he could quite easily go on loan to a big foreign team, AC Milan, Dortmund etc...this isn't a youth kid needing experience, this is a full international player simply going on loan due to the sheer number of players on Chelseas books.

He is on a par if not higher than Hudson Odoi was last season when we thought we had a chance of signing him on loan.

Think you're overselling that a little bit. What has he shown to be linked with Milan or Dortmund? We signed Wilson who was a full international player for the same country on loan last season. He's definitely a good prospect, potentially could be going to a Premier League club on loan, but it feels incredibly unlikely a club like Dortmund would go in for him, because if he is good enough for them, he's good enough for Chelsea. Mount is regarded a good prospect at Chelsea too, and we got him on loan.

13 hours ago, TexasRam said:

But we didn’t and now they are gone leaving a big gaping hole. A risky strategy blocking our own kids development  in my opinion. 

The problem with this argument is - What if they never turn out to be any good?

If you're a mid-table team with the intention of staying there you can take a punt on kids to see if the develop - I could name plenty of youth players from the years I've been watching Derby who have 30+ games for the senior side who's careers after they left suggest they probably weren't ever going to move us on as a side - Off the top of my head the likes of Lee Holmes, Adam Murray, Adam Bolder, Miles Addison

Plus, if you bring in quality youth players it (hopefully) inspires our own youngsters - It shows the manager doesn't care about age if you're good enough - Bogle took the step up and I'm sure having Tomori and Mount around made him feel less like a boy among men - And our young players get the benefit of potentially learning some of the methods/thoughts other academies teach their youth players too

Archived