Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No thanks don’t want to get another Chelski starlet using us for “experience”. Sign someone with a future for DCFC not another club !!! NO MORE LOANS 

The point of any good loan though is to get a player that would usually be beyond a permanent transfer... Mount, for example, last season was both: a luxury in terms of quality, and way beyond our reach as a permanent Derby player.

On top of that, you can avoid having an excess of deadwood if you do go up because buying a player that is promotion-quality in the Championship isn't necessarily a player that is Prem-quality.

If you were given the choice at this point a year ago, knowing what you do now, would you rather have Josefzoon on a permanent or Wilson on loan for a season?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loans are the way out of the Championship ,buying a  player good enough for the Prem costs too much ,come down and you're stuck with a high wage bill .With loans you have the opportunity to plan afresh to a certain degree if you make it up.

Just remember they aren't yours and don't get too upset when they go .We nearly made it last year on a loan strategy .

You hear a lot about loan fees so I wonder if there is a bidding process for sought after loan players. 

If Fulham or Huddersfield offer a 2 million loan fee when we might be offering a quarter of that (?...) I imagine that would greatly impact Chelsea's thinking. 

I don't know if there's a limit you can pay on a loan fee and how much the loan fees impact the parent club's thinking. It is possible they would see the value of going to a club which was clearly brilliant for the big 3 last season over an extra million or two but who knows. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

No thanks don’t want to get another Chelski starlet using us for “experience”. Sign someone with a future for DCFC not another club !!! NO MORE LOANS 

Our 'future'  should be in our U18 kids - go out and buy potential and all you're doing is putting even more obstacles in bringing our own youngsters through. Loans buy you time until those kids are ready to step up and lay claim to a regular starting spot.

23 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Mel made a big point about utilising loans. He said continuing to sign players on perms for every position in fact blocks the academy players route into the first team. And then you’ll get fans complaining that we have all this young talent, that has no opportunity to break into the first team and (delap this week aside) he wants the best young players we have to stay and see it as a way in rather than opting to leave for the big boys and stay in their reserves. The academy, increasing player value and selling on, is the future for clubs like us, we’d be daft not to take advantage of an inflated market in this way. In the next three years I’m certain we will see a number of young players leave Derby for 10 million plus. Of course we want as many to break through and stay at Derby but it makes good business sense for the club. If we loan a midfielder this season who gives sibley another year to be ready for example, then we should do it. If sibley is ready then he will get his chance like bogle. 

14 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

ohdear.gif

I think the model lends itself to loans - Villa and Us did it. - on the gamble you might get up. If you do. - you try and convert them and if not you have the dosh to buy some perms....saying no - just reduces your competitiveness. Do we really feel that 2/3 u23s from our own stable could propel us to prem?

25 minutes ago, irobinson said:

I think the model lends itself to loans - Villa and Us did it. - on the gamble you might get up. If you do. - you try and convert them and if not you have the dosh to buy some perms....saying no - just reduces your competitiveness. Do we really feel that 2/3 u23s from our own stable could propel us to prem?

I think you might have misunderstood the gif. I was taking the michael.

2 minutes ago, Rammed79 said:

Hopefully he's coming here he is quality. I'd be slightly pissed off with Frank if he sent him to one of our rivals.

If Frank had read what some were saying on here about him then that is a possibility 

6 hours ago, SaintRam said:

The combination of Mel on Talksport saying that Frank said that we'd get Chelsea loans, probably gives this enough to tentatively keep going. But aye no solid links yet

If he ducks off to another Champ team we better be getting Tomori ? 

Maybe a set of these for the Huddersfield game.

757113.jpg.15652e98b76cd5dc5730ff0bffc1a1db.jpg

Archived