Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

"This window will be quiet for us" says Lamps. 

Yeah, the last time the Derby press office said this we signed Butterfield and Johnson within hours.......

But, on the point of smokes and screens I don't see the need. We're gunning for promotion, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that we're looking to maximise the opportunity.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Disappointing If true.

The top 2 are both up for grabs this season, both the top 2 are slipping up. A couple of Lampard signings and I firmly believe the second half of the season would be ours.

Not really disappointing- we don’t want to sign players who don’t improve us - we do need to clear non players off the wage bill  - last season we were in a fantastic position for automatic promotion but the January transfer window killed us when sent Martin out on loan to be replaced by £1.5 million Jerome which resulted in no hold up play at all ( winnall injury didn’t help)no nugent selected and total kick and rush ( by 2-3 players) from January onwards oh and letting Johnny Russell leave with no replacement was scandalous considering our league position at the time 

26 minutes ago, David said:

Think Mel has already dug deep, £156m deep. We have to play by the FFP rules.

I wonder if that includes the cost of purchasing the club in the first place?

I'd guess probably not?

11 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I wonder if that includes the cost of purchasing the club in the first place?

I'd guess probably not?

Going back through the full thread posted by the Swiss Ramble, not just the one which was shared on my feed, the figures are actually from the last 10 years. 

Still don’t think it’s ok to say dig deep Mel, that’s one thing he has done throughout his ownership of the club. Frank will have known the financial situation walking into the club, I have no doubts both would love to chuck a few million at the window but that would be sticking 2 fingers up to FFP. Frustrating but it’s where we are right now.

Archived