Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

6 months ago Mason Mount was learning his bratwurst from his brockwurst before Frank stepped in and cancelled his bundesliga move.

Bundeliga LOAN move, a £20/£30mil bid tobuy is a totally different thing.

So what happens in May?? Wilson goes, Odoi goes, Lawrence sold.....Back to trusty Mason Bennett and right sided Waggy and Jos, wow can't wait!

5 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Hudson Odoi is potentially better than Neymar. They won't sell for £20/30m, that would be myopic.

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

So what happens in May?? Wilson goes, Odoi goes, Lawrence sold.....Back to trusty Mason Bennett and right sided Waggy and Jos, wow can't wait!

In May we get promoted and BUY all these players. Hudson-Odoi should be no more than £20m. 

Hudson Odoi is a ram. You mark my turds.

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Hudson Odoi is potentially better than Neymar. They won't sell for £20/30m, that would be myopic.

In May we get promoted and BUY all these players. Hudson-Odoi should be no more than £20m. 

Admire your optimism....

5 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Admire your optimism but nowhere near enough to mark your turds. Soz ?

6 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

I'm gutted we'll have our promising winger back from injury. He is still second in assists with the best minutes per assist in the squad; wins more in the air than any of our attacking players. Defensively he's our best winger - covers more ground, actually tracks his man, most interceptions, 2nd most tackles.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm gutted we'll have our promising winger back from injury. He is still second in assists with the best minutes per assist in the squad; wins more in the air than any of our attacking players. Defensively he's our best winger - covers more ground, actually tracks his man, most interceptions, 2nd most tackles.

Also been at the club almost 9 years and has less appearances and goals than most of our squad that have only been here a year or so!

If he is as good as you believe then why in those 9 years has he never strung together more than a handful of starts??

Just now, Derbyram1 said:

Also been at the club almost 9 years and has less appearances and goals than most of our squad that have only been here a year or so!

If he is as good as you believe then why in those 9 years has he never strung together more than a handful of starts??

Because he was 13 years old?!

Just now, Carnero said:

Because he was 13 years old?!

Will Hughes was a regular at 17/18 years old, why wasn't Bennett? 

He started playing for us when he was 15, almost 7 years ago and countless managers, none of which deemed him good enough.

4 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

He started playing for us when he was 15, almost 7 years ago and countless managers, none of which deemed him good enough.

The current one does, that's all that matters. 

16 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Because he's not as good as Hughes...

As much as I think Mount is a sensational player, a future England regular and definitely our current first choice CM - I'd probably still be picking Hughes ahead of him if he was still here though...

Whereas Bennett is a perfectly decent top-end championship winger - Not as good as Wilson/Laurence/Waghorn but same level as Jozefzoon for me (different kind of winger though)

Plus with Bogle's mostly terrible crossing ability it'd be nice to have someone ahead of him who can cross - Especially now we have Marriott on the end of them

20 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Because he's still young. 7 years younger than Forsyth, 5 years younger than Malone, 2 years younger than Holmes, 3 years younger than Wisdom, 11 years younger than Davies, 2 years younger  than Evans, 9 years younger than Ledley and 8 years younger than Pearce... yet he's still played in more games than all of those this season.

In total, he's made 49 league apps for us. Very few have played that many games out of those with us for "a year or so". In fact extending to just over one and a half years, only Davies (53), Lawrence (61) and Huddlestone (61) have played more than Bennett. We've signed or loaned in 17 players during that time. So 3/17 = "most of our squad that have only been here a year or so"?

I think it's only right to judge Bennett on his contribution this year. He only played 100 minutes of league football for Derby in the 4 years previous. Judging him on his 28 appearances between the ages of 15 and 17 is incredibly harsh.

Archived