Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know we’re in the market for a centre back loan, would have thought it’s one Lampard wants to get done quick. Ampadu obviously looks to be first choice, but if Chelsea are pissing about we should make sure we have other options, can’t see why they’d keep him to be an unused sub however.

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We know we’re in the market for a centre back loan, would have thought it’s one Lampard wants to get done quick. Ampadu obviously looks to be first choice, but if Chelsea are pissing about we should make sure we have other options, can’t see why they’d keep him to be an unused sub however.

Same reason we keep Pearce. He's not getting any game time but without him one bad injury could destroy our defence. Cahill wants out at Chelsea so I'd imagine they'd prefer the cheaper/younger Ampadu on the bench. 

On 24/12/2018 at 10:41, Derbyram1983 said:

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

They were only deadwood on inflated wages as we turned them into such by offering above the market transfer fees and hideously expensive contracts.

So because we've got our fingers burnt due to our own stupidity we now advocate going the other way and taking a minimal risk policy to see if a players good or not then if not punting them back whence they came.

As I said before in another thread as a novel idea let's start cultivating our academy players and start employing scouts who can actually identify talent with a view to potential development without having to pay ridiculous transfer fees.

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

They were only deadwood on inflated wages as we turned them into such by offering above the market transfer fees and hideously expensive contracts.

So because we've got our fingers burnt due to our own stupidity we now advocate going the other way and taking a minimal risk policy to see if a players good or not then if not punting them back whence they came.

As I said before in another thread as a novel idea let's start cultivating our academy players and start employing scouts who can actually identify talent with a view to potential development without having to pay ridiculous transfer fees.

I just basically said that in the post you quoted. Numbnuts . 

10 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Jayden Bogle, Jayden Mitchell Lawson and Luke Thomas suggest we already employ such scouts, in the West country at least.

2 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Jayden Bogle, Jayden Mitchell Lawson and Luke Thomas suggest we already employ such scouts, in the West country at least.

Apart from Bogle I wouldn't say any of the other 2 are regular first teamers and would their professional development be hindered by lack of opportunities due to loanees in the first team?

3 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Apart from Bogle I wouldn't say any of the other 2 are regular first teamers and would their professional development be hindered by lack of opportunities due to loanees in the first team?

Thomas is out on loan and playing regularly one level below, Mitchell Lawson is promising but far from ready for Championship football, a loan spell may do him good too.

If we bring in loanees from a higher level, and send our youngsters out to learn at a lower level, I don't see how that's unhelpful in the long term.

It's just where we are in the food chain ATM, the hope would be that once the likes of Wilson return to parent clubs, our own youngsters would be better able to step up to our first team.

On 24/12/2018 at 10:41, Derbyram1983 said:

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

20 hours ago, Inglorius said:

20 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I just basically said that in the post you quoted. Numbnuts . 

20 hours ago, Inglorius said:

Numbnuts lol did you have to look that up in your online thesaurus. 

Admittedly, I know neither of the posters above, but I would have thought "Numbnuts" would have been one of the first words to spring to mind, under the above circumstances?  

On 24/12/2018 at 07:42, TexasRam said:

I don’t want to borrow any more players, can we get some of our own please 

Prefer to buy at end of season when we know which league we are playing in and if the likes of Mount, and Wilson have left .?

To say we had little money to spend last summer still splashed out on Marriott/Waghorn,so it does look like the loan market for us.

The down side of that is if we do manage to go up and all the loan players return to there clubs look at the players we have left then look at the bottom club in the prem and see if any of these players would get in there side,that will tell you every thing on the team we have

You dont all of a sudden get the prem money as a lump sum its part TV money and were you finish in table,so whether we spend now we certainly would need to spend big in the summer.

We do need more defensive cover though,we just cant keep a clean sheet,yesterdays game was a 1-0 game all day long but couldnt keep them out 

54 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

In the previous transfer window our signings were paid for by sales. Maybe its going to be the same again this time?

Not sure how so many folk seem to have forgotten that we only spent a net £1 mill last summer! Er, hallo! Remember that lad Vydra... ?

Archived