Sign in to follow this  
Parsnip

Ethan Ampadu

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

Edited by Derbyram1983

On 24/12/2018 at 10:41, Derbyram1983 said:

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

I dont think Marriott was a low fee but i know what you mean

Interested to see what people's views are on Ampadu? What I've seen on him would suggest he's too inexperienced/lightweight for centre back and therefore could only be considered for the centre mid role? Again, playing a young kid there I'm not sold on it...

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

Interested to see what people's views are on Ampadu? What I've seen on him would suggest he's too inexperienced/lightweight for centre back and therefore could only be considered for the centre mid role? Again, playing a young kid there I'm not sold on it...

Magnificent prospect - with the emphasis on the second word.

We know we’re in the market for a centre back loan, would have thought it’s one Lampard wants to get done quick. Ampadu obviously looks to be first choice, but if Chelsea are pissing about we should make sure we have other options, can’t see why they’d keep him to be an unused sub however.

30 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

We know we’re in the market for a centre back loan, would have thought it’s one Lampard wants to get done quick. Ampadu obviously looks to be first choice, but if Chelsea are pissing about we should make sure we have other options, can’t see why they’d keep him to be an unused sub however.

Same reason we keep Pearce. He's not getting any game time but without him one bad injury could destroy our defence. Cahill wants out at Chelsea so I'd imagine they'd prefer the cheaper/younger Ampadu on the bench. 

On 24/12/2018 at 10:41, Derbyram1983 said:

They were only deadwood on inflated wages as we turned them into such by offering above the market transfer fees and hideously expensive contracts.

So because we've got our fingers burnt due to our own stupidity we now advocate going the other way and taking a minimal risk policy to see if a players good or not then if not punting them back whence they came.

As I said before in another thread as a novel idea let's start cultivating our academy players and start employing scouts who can actually identify talent with a view to potential development without having to pay ridiculous transfer fees.

8 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

They were only deadwood on inflated wages as we turned them into such by offering above the market transfer fees and hideously expensive contracts.

So because we've got our fingers burnt due to our own stupidity we now advocate going the other way and taking a minimal risk policy to see if a players good or not then if not punting them back whence they came.

As I said before in another thread as a novel idea let's start cultivating our academy players and start employing scouts who can actually identify talent with a view to potential development without having to pay ridiculous transfer fees.

I just basically said that in the post you quoted. Numbnuts .