Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Squid said:

He's going on loan most likely according to a reliable source from Chelsea, 

Aston Villa been rumoured, but is he really ready for the prem? I could personally see him coming here.

I got told this was one in the pipeline when Lampard was still here. Franks move south obviously stalled a number of potential deals and now likely could be a waiting game like we had with Mount, Wilson and Tomori all signing relatively late in the summer last time as the "big boys" don't want to release them. 

This would really excite me. Has looked so composed on the ball for an 18 year old and can play cb or cdm. 

I see Villa linked but at 18 a real gamble to go straight into a Prem side fighting relegation. Would make more sense going to a side challenging for playoffs and maybe more in the championship. 

Ampadu would be a good signing for Villa. Absolutely he would. I just hope that we’ve put a good case together for him as he solves a number of our issues in one fell swoop. 

You can talk about his ability, whether he would be trusted at Villa, but I think he would definitely be a starter there and perhaps at a number of other clubs in the Premier League. Lampard owes us a gift or two, hopefully this is the first. 

I can see him going to Villa, absolutely. He'd be a good signing for them. 

Reasons he might come to us is he'd be guaranteed plenty of football, look how Tomori developed here, the Championship is an excellent learning ground, Lampard might feel a full season at a slightly lower level would suit his development, Lampard owes us one. 

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Ampadu would be a good signing for Villa. Absolutely he would. I just hope that we’ve put a good case together for him as he solves a number of our issues in one fell swoop. 

You can talk about his ability, whether he would be trusted at Villa, but I think he would definitely be a starter there and perhaps at a number of other clubs in the Premier League. Lampard owes us a gift or two, hopefully this is the first. 

Lampard owes us nothing imo, however I think he will trust us to look after his players.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Would he really be better going to Villa and playing a bit part or coming here fighting for promotion and getting 50 games under his belt?

I agree with you, but Lampard will probably have Terry in his ear about about it though. Makes it a tough call.

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

I agree with you, but Lampard will probably have Terry in his ear about about it though. Makes it a tough call.

Yeah there is the Terry issue mate.

personally I’d rather send the young players to a top 6 champ team than a bottom 6 Prem team for their development.

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

he won't get a game at Villa - and he is well short of Prem. currently

Championship for him I think

7 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Havent villa already signed 3 cbs this window

2 of which were signing Mings and Hause, who were on loan last season. Take those 3 away and they only have like 1 centre back in James Chester. I can understand why they’d still be in the market for more.

5 minutes ago, ShepherdOfTheRams said:

2 of which were signing Mings and Hause, who were on loan last season. Take those 3 away and they only have like 1 centre back in James Chester. I can understand why they’d still be in the market for more.

Why would you take them away? 

They have 4 CB's in Chester, Mings, Hause and Konsa, can't see why they would want more. 

The question would be do they want a DM for a change of system, they don't currently have any. 

The only pull of Villa is the fact they are in the Prem. 

It's all well and good going to a premier league team but if you play less than half the games then there's no point.

I'm sure Lampard would ask Villa if he was going to play most weeks. If that's not something Villa would guarantee then there's no way Lampard will let him go there. He's not going to learn anything sat on Villa's bench.

But if Villa can offer him first team football, starting most weeks then he'll definitely go there.

If not then a move to the championship would make sense. But for a player as good as him I'd imagine pretty much every team in the division would want him.

Archived