Sign in to follow this  
Parsnip

Ethan Ampadu

I imagine we moved on.

I suspect we looked at him as a centre half then went for Tomori as a second choice. 

If we were looking at him as a holding midfielder then I'd assume the Reading lad (name escapes me) was the alternative.

If we go for him again in January it will more likely be because of how he's developed since, imposing himself in the national team etc. 

A season long loan is one thing, they can settle and contribute, the second half season isn't the time to try and bed new players in, especially if you're chasing promotion.

Should only be adding cover or players that will make an obvious difference. 

Are you interested in quality or quantity?

Look at Tomori, Wilson and Mount... Vs all the permanent signings we have made. The only position I feel we need to make a permanent signing is Centre Mid, with Johnson, Ledley, Butterfield, Bryson and potentially Huddlestone all going out of contract in the summer.

24 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Are you interested in quality or quantity?

Look at Tomori, Wilson and Mount... Vs all the permanent signings we have made. The only position I feel we need to make a permanent signing is Centre Mid, with Johnson, Ledley, Butterfield, Bryson and potentially Huddlestone all going out of contract in the summer.

Quality, just permanent quality. Love he loan signings just want our own (think more of DCFC future rather than getting prem teams their players experience) 

weve made mistakes in the market I agree ,but think Franks a little better than we’ve had before. 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t want to borrow any more players, can we get some of our own please 

I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that we gave four year contracts to both Butterfield and Anya ( and spent £10 million ) for example who have in all reality we have had one season out of Butterfield and not even that from Anya so a loan that is of high standard and fully motivated is perfectly acceptable 

Edited by Sparkle