Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Not sure how so many folk seem to have forgotten that we only spent a net £1 mill last summer! Er, hallo! Remember that lad Vydra... ?

True, however I thought we brought players in before we sold Vydra ?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We did but that does not affect the net spend does it? They knew Vyds was going it was just a question of how much they could get for him.

It was very noticeable that we were doing very little business until Vydra went. It seemed as though we were risking losing our targets waiting for Vydra to leave.

Something tells me (lampard) we have next to no money to spend and anything we do spend will be raised in transfers.

4 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It was very noticeable that we were doing very little business until Vydra went. It seemed as though we were risking losing our targets waiting for Vydra to leave.

Something tells me (lampard) we have next to no money to spend and anything we do spend will be raised in transfers.

Once again I may be wrong, but I thought we did all, if not most before Vydra left?

11 minutes ago, 86 points said:

We did but that does not affect the net spend does it? They knew Vyds was going it was just a question of how much they could get for him.

Seems a big gamble if so, how did they know he was going and if so then surely if you are reliant on your incomings you would do them first?

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Seems a big gamble if so, how did they know he was going and if so then surely if you are reliant on your incomings you would do them first?

They had an offer for £8 mill for Vydra from Leeds early in the window mate. Burnley were also interested and we sensibly allowed a mini-auction scenario to unfold. If you recall, the business done for Waghorn and Marriott was struck pretty late in the window and certainly well after the initial interest in Vydra so not seeing how we risked anything really. Worst case the net spend would have been £3 mill instead of £1 mill and Mel clearly okayed that or it simply wouldn't have happened.

16 minutes ago, 86 points said:

They had an offer for £8 mill for Vydra from Leeds early in the window mate. Burnley were also interested and we sensibly allowed a mini-auction scenario to unfold. If you recall, the business done for Waghorn and Marriott was struck pretty late in the window and certainly well after the initial interest in Vydra so not seeing how we risked anything really. Worst case the net spend would have been £3 mill instead of £1 mill and Mel clearly okayed that or it simply wouldn't have happened.

Depends if you taking about the money not being available because MM isn’t making any available or because of FFP. If the latter, then I’d be very surprised at anyone making the decision to buy before we balanced the books, what if the teams pulled out (like Leeds did) or he failed his medical ?

I also thought, once again may be wrong that the signings we made had to be cleared by the league first, some clubs had deals blocked because they had fallen foul to the rules, hence why I think we may have some leeway in the FFP pot....not that I would bet on that assumption though ?

5 hours ago, Richard246 said:

I wonder if Frank is considering selling Tom Lawrence to raise funds ??

Frank a big fan of TL, speaks highly of him and let’s be honest his is probably the only natural left sided player we have that is able to cut in on his right which is the way Lamps likes his wingers.

besides which, we wouldn’t recoup much of the £7m we paid based on current form/injury.

will be a big player for us in the second half of the season!!

6 hours ago, ossieram said:

Push pineapple shake the tree.

I’ve never wanted us to sign a player as much as I do now.

Ampadu du du push pinapple shake the tree

Ampadu du du push pinapple bring coffee

To the left to the right jump up and down and to the knees

Come and dance every night sing with a hula melody

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He's back on Saturday.

I'd sell him tomorrow.

To Southampton? 

Seriously - I would if the offer was very good for us and gave us opportunities to develop the squad and as much as he frustrates me he is our second best wide player currently 

13 hours ago, AdamRam said:

Depends if you taking about the money not being available because MM isn’t making any available or because of FFP. If the latter, then I’d be very surprised at anyone making the decision to buy before we balanced the books, what if the teams pulled out (like Leeds did) or he failed his medical ?

I also thought, once again may be wrong that the signings we made had to be cleared by the league first, some clubs had deals blocked because they had fallen foul to the rules, hence why I think we may have some leeway in the FFP pot....not that I would bet on that assumption though ?

Well Mel always stated that FFP was irrelevant though. The actual timeline for all the transfers can be found at…

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/every-deal-done-derby-county-1956764

The only really significant risk was the Waghorn deal as far as I can see and that could not have been completed without confirmation that Vyds was going. As it transpired, he was bought the day after we sold Vyds. I never believed that there was no money to spend and Frank confirmed that he did have some funds available in his interviews around that time. It’s not smart to broadcast that though so making noises about limited funds sends the right signals to prospective sellers. The point I was making is that those saying we spent a lot last window are way off the mark. We spent bugger all!

28 minutes ago, Derbyram1 said:

Oh yes, £20m from Bayern or a 6 month loan to Derby.....sure Chelsea will snap our hands off.

11 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Who Bayern Munich have just bid £30million for.

6 months ago Mason Mount was learning his bratwurst from his brockwurst before Frank stepped in and cancelled his bundesliga move.

Archived