Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Anyone got any decent songs for this lad if he comes?

I'm more of an Abba man

Ampadu - Never  defeated, he wins the war
Ampadu - Promise to love you for ever more
Ampadu - Came here on loan cos he wanted to
Ampadu - Knowing our  fate is to be with you
Oh woah woah woah Ampadu
Nobody’s beating our Ampadu

So is there actually a current link to us and Ampadu? The last link was when Lampard was our manager last season, since then we have a new manger, Chelsea have a new manager (who was our manager who said he was interested in him). Great signing but surely with no recent link it’s clutching at straws. 

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

So is there actually a current link to us and Ampadu? The last link was when Lampard was our manager last season, since then we have a new manger, Chelsea have a new manager (who was our manager who said he was interested in him). Great signing but surely with no recent link it’s clutching at straws. 

This, I was going to ask is PC even interested in him ?Never mind  all the other aspects of a possible loan.

20 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Villa have Mings, Konsa, Hause, Chester and now Engels. Can't see them going in for Ampadu unless Smith is planning to do a Tony Pulis and play with four-centre halves...

or want a young intelligent centre defensive midfielder 

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

or want a young intelligent centre defensive midfielder 

I don't think he'd have been Villa's starting DM last year to be honest, let alone this.

Hourihane's a good player, and they didn't notice any drop in levels when John McGinn moved back there to fill in. AFAIK at least.

If Ampadu wants a season of good minutes, he needs to go somewhere that lacks a good Championship player at CB/DM - imo anyway. I doubt he's going to displace anyone better than that consistently.

27 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Villa have Mings, Konsa, Hause, Chester and now Engels. Can't see them going in for Ampadu unless Smith is planning to do a Tony Pulis and play with four-centre halves...

He's arguably better than all of them, although I can't speak for Engels. 

3 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He's arguably better than all of them, although I can't speak for Engels. 

He might be better than Mings and Konsa, but I doubt it & that's difficult to say with how little senior football Ampadu has played (basically none), plus they just spent £32m on Mings + Konsa; they're probably looking at other areas for their loans.

18 hours ago, TexasRam said:

And we are on the same league no further forward, in fact gone backwards as they have left a huge gap. Short term strategy that didn’t work and we are going down the same path. Let our youth have a chance, 2-3 years developing them not bringing in future stars out of our reach for a season of experience for them. 

How many of our youngsters have promotion experience? Dowell has, in a position where we are short on bodies. Low financial risk and proven quality, I don't really understand your objection?

Archived