Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think we've only been meaningfully linked with loan moves or free transfers, by that I mean where a known journalist with some sort of track record has pinned his colours to the mast. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we don't pay a transfer fee for someone this summer, especially as we only have a couple weeks left. If we fill our loan quota, I think that will probably be it. 

Apart from repeated links with Walton at Brighton, you're right I think.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Apart from repeated links with Walton at Brighton, you're right I think.

I'm not even sure that wouldn't be a loan to begin with, although the details of said deal haven't be made very clear. I'd imagine we are willing to spend money on loans, however, like we did with Wilson (£1m+ fee). 

49 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I think 1/2 loans would be enough but they should be squad additions not someone we build our team around. Examples: we have a huge gap to fill from last season now we’re we built the team around the 3 loans. Jordan Ibe, played out his skin for us and was called back leaving another hole and the season went downhill from there.

I do think getting loans in as a marquee signing is selling our soul. Build organically with 2-3 outs and 2-3 perm signings each year, if it takes another 5 years so be it.

Shouldn’t our squad positions be taken up by our own academy players, filling in as and when required to get game experience?

i don’t want 5 loans but 2 or 3 in key positions we need improving on is the right thing to do. 

If we’d bought Dowell in a 3-4 year deal where would that leave Sibley and Knight? They may not make the step up but Dowell on a long contract would effectively shut the door on them

37 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Shouldn’t our squad positions be taken up by our own academy players, filling in as and when required to get game experience?

i don’t want 5 loans but 2 or 3 in key positions we need improving on is the right thing to do. 

If we’d bought Dowell in a 3-4 year deal where would that leave Sibley and Knight? They may not make the step up but Dowell on a long contract would effectively shut the door on them

Sibley and Knight would gain lots from a full season out on loan to a league 1 side. We can judge how good they are in professional football and evaluate them for the future over the course of the season. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I think we've only been meaningfully linked with loan moves or free transfers, by that I mean where a known journalist with some sort of track record has pinned his colours to the mast. 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if we don't pay a transfer fee for someone this summer, especially as we only have a couple weeks left. If we fill our loan quota, I think that will probably be it. 

You may ultimately be right, but l can’t imagine that Cocu signed on the basis of loans or free transfers only this summer. I would think we have funds set aside and that deals are being progressed. I think it good that the days of ITK gossip because of leaks from the Club  is over, and that deals are only known 24 hours or less from the formal announcement.

At the bottom of this article:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1154522/Chelsea-transfer-news-Willian-Barcelona-Frank-Lampard

'Meanwhile, Chelsea’s young defender Ethan Ampadu is being targeted by Bundisliga clubs Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and RB Leipzig for a season long loan move next term.'

6 minutes ago, inter politics said:

At the bottom of this article:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1154522/Chelsea-transfer-news-Willian-Barcelona-Frank-Lampard

'Meanwhile, Chelsea’s young defender Ethan Ampadu is being targeted by Bundisliga clubs Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and RB Leipzig for a season long loan move next term.'

I have to laugh at this article.

Borussia Dortmund you say? Interesting....

34 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Dunno why folk are worried. There's been no transfer info since Rush left the club and I'd rather that than the type of approach we saw from Chelsea for Lampard. Discreet, efficient and calculated the preferred way forward.

Yep two loanees and two Dutch lads signing  tomorrow...

Archived