Ethan Ampadu - Joined RB Leipzig

Parsnip

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine we moved on.

I suspect we looked at him as a centre half then went for Tomori as a second choice. 

If we were looking at him as a holding midfielder then I'd assume the Reading lad (name escapes me) was the alternative.

If we go for him again in January it will more likely be because of how he's developed since, imposing himself in the national team etc. 

A season long loan is one thing, they can settle and contribute, the second half season isn't the time to try and bed new players in, especially if you're chasing promotion.

Should only be adding cover or players that will make an obvious difference. 

• 1 month later...

Are you interested in quality or quantity?

Look at Tomori, Wilson and Mount... Vs all the permanent signings we have made. The only position I feel we need to make a permanent signing is Centre Mid, with Johnson, Ledley, Butterfield, Bryson and potentially Huddlestone all going out of contract in the summer.

24 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Are you interested in quality or quantity?

Look at Tomori, Wilson and Mount... Vs all the permanent signings we have made. The only position I feel we need to make a permanent signing is Centre Mid, with Johnson, Ledley, Butterfield, Bryson and potentially Huddlestone all going out of contract in the summer.

Quality, just permanent quality. Love he loan signings just want our own (think more of DCFC future rather than getting prem teams their players experience) 

weve made mistakes in the market I agree ,but think Franks a little better than we’ve had before. 

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t want to borrow any more players, can we get some of our own please 

I agree with the sentiment but the reality is that we gave four year contracts to both Butterfield and Anya ( and spent £10 million ) for example who have in all reality we have had one season out of Butterfield and not even that from Anya so a loan that is of high standard and fully motivated is perfectly acceptable 

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

On 24/12/2018 at 10:41, Derbyram1983 said:

I’m happy with loans. Also ffp dictates as we’re not exactly loaded. With Lowe, Thomas, Sibley, Bogle we have players coming through. Not sure how ready they are but I’d rather try them than sign has beens as we did last season. For me it’s loans, youth or lower league players for lower fees like Marriott. No more deadwood on over inflated wages. 

I dont think Marriott was a low fee but i know what you mean

Interested to see what people's views are on Ampadu? What I've seen on him would suggest he's too inexperienced/lightweight for centre back and therefore could only be considered for the centre mid role? Again, playing a young kid there I'm not sold on it...

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

Interested to see what people's views are on Ampadu? What I've seen on him would suggest he's too inexperienced/lightweight for centre back and therefore could only be considered for the centre mid role? Again, playing a young kid there I'm not sold on it...

Magnificent prospect - with the emphasis on the second word.

Archived