Andre Wisdom

Gritty

Time for Wisdom to be recalled imo - Bogle was bought in for his attacking game but since United in the cup he has been poor and his direct, attacking play has stopped. Reminds me of a RB version of Lowe.

Bogle was in ahead of Wisdom because of his attacking play which has stopped so now its down to his defending, positioning & strength and he is nowhere near Wisdoms level in these 3 departments. Both goals yesterday came from his side, with youngsters its also about timing when to take them out the team, after the Boro game would've knocked his confidence but after this international break get Wisdom back in please!

Imagine the strength of our right side if we had Waghorn & Wisdom starting!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

When he's at his best he's the best 'defender' we've had in recent years. 

Looks desperately short of confidence especially when asked to play on his wrong peg. I always suspected he'd end up playing centre half, which was originally his natural position. 

Weird one. Came in, looked back to his best, out of position too, then meltdown occurred and he had his worst game that I've witnessed in either of his spells at the club. Really wanted him back at the club and was excited when we re-signed him but he looks a bit-part player at most to me unless he can rediscover some confidence. Shame really, especially given he cost a good few quid.

1 hour ago, clarkeram7 said:

When he's at his best he's the best 'defender' we've had in recent years. 

Looks desperately short of confidence especially when asked to play on his wrong peg. I always suspected he'd end up playing centre half, which was originally his natural position. 

I've never been his greatest fan and would have kept Christie, but I thought that when he had to play lb on his wrong peg, he had the best game I can remember. He got forward more than ever and put in some great crosses with his left leg. 

I’m sure it was said on the phone in last night that there were murmurings that he needed an operation but that isn’t 100% confirmed?

Big fan of Wisdom personally unfortunately he’s not the best headerer for a cb position and can suffer from being a bit lazy in thinking that ‘if I buff my chest out and be intimidating’ then that’s enough when it’s not. On his day he’s excellent, a proper battler. As said in a different thread, under a different set of circumstances he could be a top player and an England international with his attributes, but for one reason or another it’s not quite worked out (like it didn’t do for a lot of Liverpool academics he cane through with if we are honest). Sadly now he’s not quite consistent over a season and with this latest change of managership that’s left him on the edges of the first team rather than in it.

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m sure it was said on the phone in last night that there were murmurings that he needed an operation but that isn’t 100% confirmed?

Big fan of Wisdom personally unfortunately he’s not the best headerer for a cb position and can suffer from being a bit lazy in thinking that ‘if I buff my chest out and be intimidating’ then that’s enough when it’s not. On his day he’s excellent, a proper battler. As said in a different thread, under a different set of circumstances he could be a top player and an England international with his attributes, but for one reason or another it’s not quite worked out (like it didn’t do for a lot of Liverpool academics he cane through with if we are honest). Sadly now he’s not quite consistent over a season and with this latest change of managership that’s left him on the edges of the first team rather than in it.

I was listening to the moan-in earlier on catchup and that's what the presenters said.

Archived